• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Queencitywx

1/16-1/17 Event OBS

Yeah, that back edge seems to be starting to move quick. Heavier returns seem to dissipate some as they move into the metro as well. Don't see how we get 4-5 more hours of this.

Snowing in Chapin but no accumulation so far and everything is melting on contact.   34 degrees more or less.  

4 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

50 miles to your south, barely an inch. Getting outdone to my north, south, east and west (Hillsville/Galax have 2" and counting) Nice!

That is honestly shocking to read. 

2 minutes ago, SnowDeac said:

Yeah, that back edge seems to be starting to move quick. Heavier returns seem to dissipate some as they move into the metro as well. Don't see how we get 4-5 more hours of this.

yea, im not sure if we've got a pocket of dry air over us or something...but charlotte through monroe.....the radar returns look great, hits that area and just disappears.  I'm good with the snow i've got now...but man its disappointing to see that

6 minutes ago, JoshWeather said:

the radar seems to really be filling in just west of charlotte.  Could be looking at a big burst of snow coming through in the next 30 minutes to an hour.  

I honestly do not see this thing lasting in this area until 4-5 like has been said.  But i could be wrong 

Well. Considering a few hours ago you were going to the sanctuary thread I will believe the models. 

Also the back might look to be moving faster but it’s also building up way more than just an hour ago. 

Still a few flurries in Duncan, SC.  I’m about 3 miles S of I-85 off of 290.

interested to see if the tilt now occurring will lead to more this afternoon...

IMBY - unscientific just under 5”

1 minute ago, GunBlade said:

Well. Considering a few hours ago you were going to the sanctuary thread I will believe the models. 

Also the back might look to be moving faster but it’s also building up way more than just an hour ago. 

lol.  I said i could be wrong.  No need to be a turd.  We're all having fun here

1 minute ago, JoshWeather said:

I honestly do not see this thing lasting in this area until 4-5 like has been said.  But i could be wrong 

Yep, that back edge has started to truck east.  I would like the HRRR to be right about it backbuilding, but it doesn't look likely with current trends.

1 minute ago, calculus1 said:

Yep, that back edge has started to truck east.  I would like the HRRR to be right about it backbuilding, but it doesn't look likely with current trends.

It has built back up a lot already and filled in.  It might be moving east but the intensity of the backend is much better  

https://radar.weather.gov/Conus/full_loop.php

9 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

That is honestly shocking to read. 

These dandruff flakes take too long to pile up lol.

Gonna go outside for an official snow board measurement. I am eyeballing the porch rails that appear to be only an inch or so.

4 miles WSW Winston

8:40: board cleared, 2.3"m, sn, 29/25

9:40: 0.7" board, 3.0"m, -sn, 28/25

10:40: 0.5" board, 3.5"m, sn, 28/25

11:40: 0.8" board, 4.1"m beginning to compact, +sn, 29/25