• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Queencitywx

1/16-1/17 Event OBS

Long time lurker -- This event has made me decide I should begin posting.

I'm in Holly Springs, NC near the border with Apex and Cary and it's currently cloudy with no precipitation.  According to the weather stations near me on Wunderground, the temperature is in the 34-37 range while the dew point is around 30-31. 

• Like 2

Just now, BFF said:

Snow growth improving rapidly. Ground is already whitening.

I've been about at an inch per hour since it began. 

• Like 1

If we could have gotten that first heavy band that popped overhead when the meso low formed over the upstate then 4" would have been attainable here. Oh well at least in not in south charlotte getting rained on. Brutal  

1 minute ago, galexander0830 said:

Long time lurker -- This event has made me decide I should begin posting.

I'm in Holly Springs, NC near the border with Apex and Cary and it's currently cloudy with no precipitation.  According to the weather stations near me on Wunderground, the temperature is in the 34-37 range while the dew point is around 30-31. 

welcome!

Just now, Queencitywx said:

I've been about at an inch per hour since it began. 

under heavy rates yes. Started at 3:30 and have close to 2" now. However, has been heavy for the last 45 mins as the band starts to move n-s down the hills. 

1 minute ago, WarmNose said:

If we could have gotten that first heavy band that popped overhead when the meso low formed over the upstate then 4" would have been attainable here. Oh well at least in not in south charlotte getting rained on. Brutal  

This is typical

1 minute ago, frazdaddy said:

welcome!

Thanks!  I see you're from Moncure -- I make it down there quite often to Woody's off Old US1.  Beautiful area and I love the rivers!  Crazy to think that Moncure was once an inland port.  Good luck with the storm, looks like you and I are well positioned for this one!