Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/16-1/17 Event OBS

BullCityWx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Wow said:

Looks like it's ramping up quickly .. gonna be well more than flurries looking at the returns.

Agreed.  I have more than flurries with no returns.  It’s snowing better now than it did for several hours during the main event.  We were in a snow hole but still impressive.  Hoping the back band really over performs. 

2 minutes ago, calculus1 said:

Alright, round two has arrived.  Just light flakes for the moment, but I'm just getting in to the eastern edge of the band.  The western edge doesn't appear to be moving any at all, just the eastern edge expanding.

Lol. This is fun isn't it? I too have light snow with no returns. Looking forward to maybe another inch maybe with the back band.

2 minutes ago, sctvman said:

Looking at traffic cameras and it seems like CAE has gotten jobbed again with a warm nose developing.

They had flurries and the northern suburbs (Chapin, Newberry and above Blythewood) have seen snow accumulation, but the people are already whining about a "blown" forecast.

Yes, not a darn flake on the ground and even my car is snow free.  Bust.  

2 minutes ago, warbler said:

multi year lurker, first time poster. solid 8" measured in chapel hill 2:15pm. hasn't let up since onset at 7am. still coming down nicely.  

Measured 8.25" just north of town about 45 minutes ago. I love seeing the area do well for a change!

I'm hoping areas further east can cash in on the slowing down of the precip, especially now that temps are beginning to cool

Harvey Point DoD Facility in Perquimans County is reporting light snow. Let’s be honest. Everyone knows that Harvey Point isn’t a DoD facility. It’s a covert CIA operations training facility. DEVGRU (SEAL TEAM 6) trained for the Bin Laden raid there. They built a complete to scale mock-up of his Islamabad compound.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, sctvman said:

Looking at traffic cameras and it seems like CAE has gotten jobbed again with a warm nose developing.

They had flurries and the northern suburbs (Chapin, Newberry and above Blythewood) have seen snow accumulation, but the people are already whining about a "blown" forecast.

I’ve heard of a mix downtown and forest acres

Archived