Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/16-1/17 Event OBS

BullCityWx

1 minute ago, BIG FROSTY said:

Measured several places ranged from 5 to 6 inches, The wind kicking up pretty good at times still light snow falling 23.6°ef36b0b3eaf7db510565d047aa4f95e2.jpg

Not too shabby for a WWA. 

Haven't been able to measure down here in Kernersville, but i have to imagine we're over 5" at this point.   Still snowing at a good clip. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, weatherheels said:

Not too shabby for a WWA. 

Haven't been able to measure down here in Kernersville, but i have to imagine we're over 5" at this point.   Still snowing at a good clip. 

Agree, lol. I'm tickled was not expecting anything like this!!!   How did you do in K-Ville so far?

10 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

I'm from Philly. Funny tidbit from that storm was the night before it looked like we'd see MAYBE 2 inches MAX. It was supposed to be a DC/MD/DE/SNJ special... A mesoscale band of heavy precip formed right over the city right before game time. I think the city got over 8" in a fairly short time span. 

This just shows that I’m getting old but I was at the infamous snow ball and I completely forgot about it!  That snow was insane.  My husband told me to wear my ski pants to the game but I told him that I didn’t want to look stupid.  After we sat down I quickly realized that I was the only stupid one wearing jeans!  

Just now, Wow said:

Yeah, definitely exceeded expectations.  They make snow storms more memorable regardless of the final total.   Glad you cashed in too.

Thanks, What I got was a surprise for sure.......... RNK said 1 inch for here this morning!! I'm on the back edge now maybe 30 more minutes? Then flurries from that redevelopment in Mtns maybe?

14 minutes ago, weatherheels said:

Been an awesome snow.  I haven't been able to measure do to being at work all day, but Poimen is stating we're racking up pretty well, I think we live fairly close to each other.  

Poimen is accurate.  I live about 3 miles from both of you and I am measuring just short of 7" on the deck table.

About 3 1/2 inches here in Roanoke and still coming down pretty good but still no advisory lol. It looks per radar we are near some type of pivot point with the deformation band and it looks like we could get another inch before it is over with. Bigtime overperformer here. We were supposed to get less than an inch. Im just trying to figure out why Blacksburg never upgraded us to a WWA.

2 minutes ago, SnowDeac said:

I'm not the only one getting this, surely? I swear this is a steady light, maybe even moderate snow under absolutely no radar returns. New phenomenon for me in Charlotte. Only times I've experienced have been in the mountains. What would be causing this?

Yup same here.  Part of the dynamics from the low closing off over top of us.  Really ringing out the atmosphere by itself. 

Edit: Flakes are actually increasing in size and rates picking up as I type. 

9 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:

Thanks, What I got was a surprise for sure.......... RNK said 1 inch for here this morning!! I'm on the back edge now maybe 30 more minutes? Then flurries from that redevelopment in Mtns maybe?

Looks like it's ramping up quickly .. gonna be well more than flurries looking at the returns.

Archived