Newest Member
    Dano62
1/16-1/17 Event OBS

BullCityWx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SnowDeac said:

Yeah, that back edge seems to be starting to move quick. Heavier returns seem to dissipate some as they move into the metro as well. Don't see how we get 4-5 more hours of this.

yea, im not sure if we've got a pocket of dry air over us or something...but charlotte through monroe.....the radar returns look great, hits that area and just disappears.  I'm good with the snow i've got now...but man its disappointing to see that

6 minutes ago, JoshWeather said:

the radar seems to really be filling in just west of charlotte.  Could be looking at a big burst of snow coming through in the next 30 minutes to an hour.  

I honestly do not see this thing lasting in this area until 4-5 like has been said.  But i could be wrong 

Well. Considering a few hours ago you were going to the sanctuary thread I will believe the models. 

Also the back might look to be moving faster but it’s also building up way more than just an hour ago. 

1 minute ago, GunBlade said:

Well. Considering a few hours ago you were going to the sanctuary thread I will believe the models. 

Also the back might look to be moving faster but it’s also building up way more than just an hour ago. 

lol.  I said i could be wrong.  No need to be a turd.  We're all having fun here

1 minute ago, calculus1 said:

Yep, that back edge has started to truck east.  I would like the HRRR to be right about it backbuilding, but it doesn't look likely with current trends.

It has built back up a lot already and filled in.  It might be moving east but the intensity of the backend is much better  

https://radar.weather.gov/Conus/full_loop.php

It was snowing but just a few flakes when I got up at 3:15 this morning and the temp was 35. When I woke up around 6 we had 1-1/12 inches just eyeballing it. Temp has gone down to 29.1 and it’s been snowing all morning, small fine flakes. I would love to see the larger flakes around here but I don’t think we are in the right location for that. Just measured on my deck table and measured 4 inches. 

Archived