Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/16-1/17 Event OBS

BullCityWx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woke up to almost exactly 2" on the ground. Got almost an inch more than the last event. Im about 3 miles south of the Doppler ball at FFC. It was really light from the start to about 1-2am. I went out then to take a look and we were in one of those darker blue bands on the radar. My guess was we got most of the snow right in that. I would call it moderate. Airport was reporting 2 miles vis at the time. It was clearing at 8am. Beautiful snow covered landscape. One of the bad things are the roads. It was almost perfect set up for serious problems today. Temps were warm yesterday but plunged in the afternoon. The early snow melted a bit before sticking on the road. Caused a slushy mix under the snow later and its frozen solid this am. Most primary and all secondary roads are VERY treacherous around here and probably will remain so through tomorrow. Any road that has seen vehicle traffic is almost a perfect compacted snow/sheet of ice. No treatments around here pre event!

50 minutes ago, frazdaddy said:

You not in the f-150?

I am in the truck man, new Michelens are handling 158 very well.  Got 4.5-5” in an open field right by the Tar River between Oxford and Roxboro.  I noticed this morning on the drive to Roxboro this area just west of Oxford had more accum at 7-730 then Roxboro did when we got there.  May head down to Wake Forest for the afternoon after we grab lunch, followed by the drive back and some action in the coastal plain later if the RGEM has a handle.  Temp up to 32

4 minutes ago, Solak said:

Nice heavy band just West of Durham

RAX_0.png

3 minutes ago, WeatherNC said:

I am in the truck man, new Michelens are handling 158 very well.  Got 4.5-5” in an open field right by the Tar River between Oxford and Roxboro.  I noticed this morning on the drive to Roxboro this area just west of Oxford had more accum at 7-730 then Roxboro did when we got there.  May head down to Wake Forest for the afternoon after we grab lunch, followed by the drive back and some action in the coastal plain later if the RGEM has a handle.  Temp up to 32

Radar looks like we are good to go in Moncure. k with you?

Archived