Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/16-1/17 Event OBS

BullCityWx

3 minutes ago, calculus1 said:

Wow, you must have much better rates than I have been getting in Hickory.  Is that a grass measurement?  Or are you measuring off something flat?

At 10:00 AM, I measured right at 3 inches.  Since snowfall began shortly after 3:00 AM, I'm therefore averaging slightly less than 0.5 in/hr here IMBY.  Steady light snow continues to fall, and by radar trends it doesn't appear to be letting up any time soon.  I originally thought it would end around by noon, but the change to a N-S orientation may delay the end of this event for me.  It's currently 29.5 over 28. 

I'm using a snow board its 2 foot by 2 foot and painted white. Made it a few years ago so I can could get better more accurate measurements.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Duncana12 said:

I'm using a snow board its 2 foot by 2 foot and painted white. Made it a few years ago so I can could get better more accurate measurements.

Awesome!  I just cleared my measuring area since it's been over 6 hours of snowfall.  I wonder if you get enhancement from the South Mountains area.

5 minutes ago, Jet Stream Rider said:

Snow started here about 9:45am. Light at first, but went to a period of moderate snow for about 10min. Back to snow now. No rain at the onset here in the far northeast Piedmont. 30 degrees.

I think y'all will be surprised especially since you were able to get below freezing overnight unlike many of the other piedmont locales.

Archived