Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/16-1/17 Event OBS

BullCityWx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Norwegian Cyclone said:

I took a little walk around my neighborhood. This is looking up the driveway of my neighbor down the road...

IMG_5009.thumb.JPG.5d359f72efb097334074f41accc2a0e4.JPG

Roads and driveways appear to all be covered. We have about 2" out here thus far. The flakes are getting a bit smaller but still coming down in buckets. It's pretty crazy. Wonder what we'll end up with.

Is your profile location correct?

2 minutes ago, WeatherNC said:

Over 3” in Roxboro, you can tell ratios are improving as the flake size has decreased but rates are up and vis is down.  Temp stil 31.  Going to head back to Oxford for lunch, may jog down to Wake for the afternoon.  Roads are getting a little tricky for 2wd vehicles.

You not in the f-150?

1 minute ago, Duncana12 said:

Over 4.5 inches of snow now here in Valdese(Burke County NC). And still coming down fully expect to break the 5 inch mark and maybe close to 6 inches. All the models had us here in lee side of the foothills getting very little and now the tables have turned got to love it.

Wow, you must have much better rates than I have been getting in Hickory.  Is that a grass measurement?  Or are you measuring off something flat?

At 10:00 AM, I measured right at 3 inches.  Since snowfall began shortly after 3:00 AM, I'm therefore averaging slightly less than 0.5 in/hr here IMBY.  Steady light snow continues to fall, and by radar trends it doesn't appear to be letting up any time soon.  I originally thought it would end around by noon, but the change to a N-S orientation may delay the end of this event for me.  It's currently 29.5 over 28. 

Meanwhile, in the OTHER Winston, that little one in Georgia, we're at about 2" on the ground, 3" mounded on top of furniture and the previously-frozen-solid birdbath.

Bright clear gorgeous, with no new snow falling but it looks like it because of the wind blowing snow off branches.  Thankfully this doesn't look like the heavy wet stuff that'll break even more trees.  I haven't yet been able to get out there and finish chainsawing down the ones from December's 8".

11F around 8am, now 16F in the sun.

Archived