Newest Member
    Dano62
1/16-1/17 Event OBS

BullCityWx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Wow said:

This one could end up in the top of my list of best snow storms.  And it's good that most of NC will in on it.

It's been a consistent mod snow with periods of heavy and wind gusts all morning.  Models continue to catch up to the strength of this storm.

Most of my best snow memories here have been from similar systems.  They overperform most of the time and temps are rarely an issue. 

I took a little walk around my neighborhood. This is looking up the driveway of my neighbor down the road...

IMG_5009.thumb.JPG.5d359f72efb097334074f41accc2a0e4.JPG

Roads and driveways appear to all be covered. We have about 2" out here thus far. The flakes are getting a bit smaller but still coming down in buckets. It's pretty crazy. Wonder what we'll end up with.

2 minutes ago, WxKnurd said:

“Official” unofficial measurement off the upside down kiddie pool in the backyard is 1.5” in the 3 hours since we went all snow here.  Probably the minimum for Mecklenburg outside of the SE end of the county based on reports from QC, grit and Doppler.  

Theres a minimum over the airport/belmont area on the GSP maps. I think I saw .5 in Belmont but 2" around Dallas/Stanley and down around Crowders Mtn.

Over 4.5 inches of snow now here in Valdese(Burke County NC). And still coming down fully expect to break the 5 inch mark and maybe close to 6 inches. All the models had us here in the lee side of the foothills getting very little and now the tables have turned got to love it.

1 minute ago, Queencitywx said:

Theres a minimum over the airport/belmont area on the GSP maps. I think I saw .5 in Belmont but 2" around Dallas/Stanley and down around Crowders Mtn.

Two fold IMO, you had 1” up there before we started accumulating and then we were the unfortunate ones to get in between bands.  Wish we could get back to the rates and flakes from when I went on my breakfast run.

Archived