Newest Member
    Dano62
1/16-1/17 Event OBS

BullCityWx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DopplerWx said:

already at an inch here. heavy returns just coming up from the south over clt.

yeah, this is the heaviest its snowed in my 5 years of living in Stallings.  Really hoping it continues like this for a while.

Still not sticking to any roads...which is good, to be honest

1 1/4 inches here as it's starting to wind down.  I had my expectations set at 1.5 inches, so pretty close.  We might pick up an extra dusting around lunch in the upstate as well per hrr.  

The disappointing thing for my back yard is that we actually busted on the cold side at the surface, but of course busted on the low-side for precip with only around .15 inches of liquid falling, when every model had us getting anywhere from .25 to .45 inches. Ah well, I'm not going to complain.

1 minute ago, superjames1992 said:

I'm assuming you're in the RTP area given your username.  It's 33/31 at RDU, so what do you mean?

What I mean is that we've already "wasted" a ton of QPF here in Durham. It's snowing, sure, but not an iota on roads/sidewalks/etc. Looking pretty silly for everyone to be at home.

1 minute ago, RTPGiants said:

What I mean is that we've already "wasted" a ton of QPF here in Durham. It's snowing, sure, but not an iota on roads/sidewalks/etc. Looking pretty silly for everyone to be at home.

Temps around freezing and snow during the daylight hours certainly aren't ideal for high impact on paved surfaces.  Still, higher rates should cover them eventually and it may cool some throughout the day, as well.

Archived