Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/16-1/17 Event OBS

BullCityWx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Queencitywx said:

All snow up in north meck. We had a few minutes of drizzle. Doubt it’ll take you long. 

Yep we'll have no problem once intensity picks up. I'm originally from coastal RI so unfortunately I have had quite the relationship with dynamic cooling over the years hahahah.

Just now, burrel2 said:

Precip is really blossoming over that warm bubble in Greenville county. I hope the warm bubble being displaced 20 miles to my east doesn't mean my qpf is going to bust on the low-side too.

i think with time that area of enhancement will gradually shift west/southwest with time...at least that is what the higher resolution models are showing. 

1 minute ago, Lookout said:

i think with time that area of enhancement will gradually shift west/southwest with time...at least that is what the higher resolution models are showing. 

Yea, fingers crossed! Either way I'm happy. Even with light rates for the next 3 or 4 hours I should manage an inch or two. Not bad at all when 2 days ago I didn't think there was a chance we would get anything.

3 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

Precip is really blossoming over that warm bubble in Greenville county. I hope the warm bubble being displaced 20 miles to my east doesn't mean my qpf is going to bust on the low-side here too.

Can you post a link for best viewing of the upper air for this bubble? Are you looking at temp maps or...

6 minutes ago, lilj4425 said:

When is that warm bubble supposed to go away? 

It should wash out, no pun intended, any time. correlation coefficient on radar is showing the rain area shrinking. 

5 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

Yea, fingers crossed! Either way I'm happy. Even with light rates for the next 3 or 4 hours I should manage an inch or two. Not bad at all when 2 days ago I didn't think there was a chance we would get anything.

yeah...i was going to be happy with a dusting just a day or two ago...which i'm already above that. So everything is bonus from here on out. 

as for the bolded, that's what i've been thinking here too. models are in really good agreement it should snow here though 9am...maybe 9:30....so should pick up that at least. 

14 minutes ago, strongwxnc said:

Can you post a link for best viewing of the upper air for this bubble? Are you looking at temp maps or...

The warm bubble is surfaced based. You can really see it best on radar right now. I'm not sure if it's the actual warm air that's creating the lift, or if it's just that the warm bubble is associated with the center axis of the inverted trough and this is why the lift is maximized in this area.

Archived