Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/16-1/17 Event OBS

BullCityWx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Wild Weather Monger said:

Yep, radar looks great just to our SW.  The expansion between Montgomery and Birmingham is sweet looking too.  I think UR right, this carries over past daylight.  

Been blanked here the past few years.  Have a good feeling about this one!

pretty cool. as i said in the other thread, it's nice to see a system where pretty much everyone gets something. Looks like the snow hole is all but gone looking at radar and judging by the latest runs. 

pretty wild to see so much snow with temps now into the upper teens in west georgia. Not sure when the last time snow fell there with temps that cold. 

light snow/flurries here temp 34...steadier precip should be here in the hour along with freezing temps. 

46 minutes ago, Auburn Dawg said:

Here's a live webcam of downtown Auburn at Toomer's Corner... http://www.oanow.com/city-of-auburn-webcam-toomer-s-corner/youtube_cfbb0a04-6587-11e6-bc00-1b7536fc4a6b.html

You can see the snow starting to stick on the roads and about an inch on every surface (perhaps more in spots). It's only really be snowing since 10:30pm and really heavily for the past 30-45 minutes.

party on the snow pad at 2:12 in the a.m.!!

Just now, Lookout said:

Looks like the snow hole is all but gone looking at radar and judging by the latest runs. 

pretty wild to see so much snow with temps now into the upper teens in west georgia. Not sure when the last time snow fell there with temps that cold. 

light snow/flurries here temp 34...steadier precip should be here in the hour along with freezing temps. 

Yeah, most of the models had both of us in the hole of no for days.  Nice turn of events today!

Those 25 DBZ returns on NWS radar looks to have a beeline for us shortly.  

10 minutes ago, Lookout said:

pretty cool. as i said in the other thread, it's nice to see a system where pretty much everyone gets something. Looks like the snow hole is all but gone looking at radar and judging by the latest runs. 

ya the temp in sandy springs is down to 19 with steady light snow, id say we are at 3/4 of an inch so far.  

thought about going to sleep for a bit but there are some strong returns at the ga/al border on 1-20 headed right for ATL, gotta stay up for that.

enjoy your snow, should be picking up soon

15 minutes ago, neatlburbwthrguy said:

ya the temp in sandy springs is down to 19 with steady light snow, id say we are at 3/4 of an inch so far.  

thought about going to sleep for a bit but there are some strong returns at the ga/al border on 1-20 headed right for ATL, gotta stay up for that.

enjoy your snow, should be picking up soon

yeah i tried to take a nap earlier but couldn't...even though i'm tired as hell. We have so few of these it seems a waste not to enjoy it and track it as much as possible. A sickness i suppose lol

Snow has picked up quite a bit here..now 32.  starting to dust a little on vehicles  finally. 

Just now, burrel2 said:

and just like that it's ripping fatties here... temp down to 35.7 and dropping by the second. I expect to hit 32 within an hour. Also of note is that it's really windy outside, the warm bubble seems to pushed over towards Mack's house!

It's here! Whoever said rain wouldn't be an issue, was wrong. Gonna lose an hour or two of precip to rain and or snow/rain in the upper 30s. 41.2

6 minutes ago, Wild Weather Monger said:

Light snow still and 27.  Looks like a short lull is inbound.

Radar filling in nicely to the SW, so the pre-dawn burst as has been modeled looks right on target.

1/2" so far.  Think 1-2" total is looking good.

Yeah I did really well with this first burst of snow(much better than I thought)....think the 2nd one in a couple of hours is really going to deliver the goods...high ratios and nice rates. I think we can get to 2+ inches by the end of this.

Archived