Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/16-1/17 Event OBS

BullCityWx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CummingGaSnow said:

Down to 28.7 here. Snow has stopped, it keeps diminishing as it moves east into NE GA. Kinda dissapointing, but maybe I will wake to a little more.

Yep I am also in the be ga snow hole.  It’s 37 here now but looks like most of the precip will fall every where but here lol

15 minutes ago, griteater said:

23 and snowing in Atlanta....not an everyday occurrence

nope, very rare, and at night, so even though its relatively light, it will add up rather quick.  it is quite windy out so hard to tell the intensity.

im right on the northside of the perimeter in sandy springs, we should get an inch at least, but southside of town by airport or even further south will get more than us.

unusual to say the least

4 minutes ago, Wild Weather Monger said:

Finally dropped to 32.  Flurries starting up again.

Models showing the evening returns hitting a brick wall east of Atlanta were spot on.  Should have caught some shut-eye earlier.  Impossible now with the radar looking pretty darn good upstream.

i was thinking same thing, hard to go to bed now with radar looking good, the bright news is nothing will be happening in atlanta tomorrow, so it will be a work from home (bed) day

It is snowing like crazy here in Auburn, AL. Already more than an inch on grass/elevated surfaces and a light coating on pavement and starting to stick on road. Temp is currently 26 degrees and falling. Pretty certain the storm is overperforming here as most models had us getting around 2 inches... time will tell, but I think we'll see more than that. Perhaps 3 or even 4 inches in some spots where the bands really set up. It's a pretty sight.

8 minutes ago, Auburn Dawg said:

It is snowing like crazy here in Auburn, AL. Already more than an inch on grass/elevated surfaces and a light coating on pavement and starting to stick on road. Temp is currently 26 degrees and falling. Pretty certain the storm is overperforming here as most models had us getting around 2 inches... time will tell, but I think we'll see more than that. Perhaps 3 or even 4 inches in some spots where the bands really set up. It's a pretty sight.

Nice to read some ground truth from your area.  Been watching that area closely since it's upstream from me.  

Also, what was once a razor-thin band of 25DBZ returns when it was north of Birmingham really has expanded over the past couple of hours.  Looks like that may clip both of us before the night is out.

4 minutes ago, Wild Weather Monger said:

Nice to read some ground truth from your area.  Been watching that area closely since it's upstream from me.  

Also, what was once a razor-thin band of 25DBZ returns when it was north of Birmingham really has expanded over the past couple of hours.  Looks like that may clip both of us before the night is out.

Here's a live webcam of downtown Auburn at Toomer's Corner... http://www.oanow.com/city-of-auburn-webcam-toomer-s-corner/youtube_cfbb0a04-6587-11e6-bc00-1b7536fc4a6b.html

You can see the snow starting to stick on the roads and about an inch on every surface (perhaps more in spots). It's only really be snowing since 10:30pm and really heavily for the past 30-45 minutes.

5 minutes ago, Auburn Dawg said:

Here's a live webcam of downtown Auburn at Toomer's Corner... http://www.oanow.com/city-of-auburn-webcam-toomer-s-corner/youtube_cfbb0a04-6587-11e6-bc00-1b7536fc4a6b.html

You can see the snow starting to stick on the roads and about an inch on every surface (perhaps more in spots). It's only really be snowing since 10:30pm and really heavily for the past 30-45 minutes.

Nice!  

Just now, neatlburbwthrguy said:

very cool, been snowing in sandy springs for past 2 hours non stop, radar keeps looking better and better, stronger returns headed this way in a few minutes.

think we have another 4-5 hours of snow yet to go

Yep, radar looks great just to our SW.  The expansion between Montgomery and Birmingham is sweet looking too.  I think UR right, this carries over past daylight.  

Been blanked here the past few years.  Have a good feeling about this one!

Archived