Newest Member
    SnowHabit
1/16-1/17 Event OBS

BullCityWx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, oconeexman said:

Hoping for a lee side miracle..was awful yesterday seeing those models!

Hoping the recent trends this afternoon are picking up on it. My area is trickily nestled in the county close to the cherry mountain range. The fetch has to be prefect coming Sw-Ne to cash in. 

6 minutes ago, neatlburbwthrguy said:

May go chase the band in Paulding county entering Cobb county.  Looks to be some heavier returns.  My guess is that band is snow.  Anyone in that area?

I am in Acworth, Ga. on the cobb/paulding line and it is 30 degrees and has been snowing for the last hour. We have a dusting on the grass and cars.

3 minutes ago, WarmNose said:

Temperature has dropped 5 degrees in the past hour or so here in the upstate. Sitting at 45. We can work with this 

I’m in NW Ga but if this helps...I left work at 4:30 and it was 45 degrees according to my car, 45 minute drive time home and it was 38 degrees and it dropped to 30 degrees about an hour ago so temps dropping fast!

3 minutes ago, Lookout said:

some really impressive cold back in western tn....most areas have already hit their forecasted lows and are in the low single digits already...with Dyersburg Municipal Airport already near 0...sitting at 1 degree. 

43 degrees warmer here...44. 

I don't like radar trends. It actually appears that the precip is breaking up from NE to SW in NE GA. Downsloping perhaps? I'm down to 29.8 tho.

6 minutes ago, CummingGaSnow said:

I don't like radar trends. It actually appears that the precip is breaking up from NE to SW in NE GA. Downsloping perhaps? I'm down to 29.8 tho.

i think the radar looks pretty good upstream actually.  Going to be wild watching these temps overnight. Hrrr tomorrow has mid single digits along the alabama border/far western ga and upper 20s/near 30 along the sc border. crazy.  

3 minutes ago, Lookout said:

i think the radar looks pretty good upstream actually.  Going to be wild watching these temps overnight. Hrrr tomorrow has LOW single digits along the alabama border/far western ga and upper 20s/near 30 along the sc border. crazy.  

I just have a bad feeling for my area. Radar upstream in AL looks to go to my south and everything to my west is diminishing as it moves east. I'm thinking my current sprinkling of snow is all I will get. Maybe I'm wrong though. BTW what does the Hrrr have for low temps in my area?

Archived