• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 16th-17th Observations

KamuSnow

Precipitation getting close enough to parts of the area to start some obs. Wide range of possibilities across the CWA, here's hoping everyone gets something!

Actually getting light pixie dust here, to the point of a light dusting on the driveway, even with nothing really showing on radar. That hasn't happened in a while, where the driveway showing white was my first clue it was snowing. 28F currently, might be difficult staying below freezing here today, we shall see. Good luck everyone!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, penndotguy said:

422 west out here through Reading is a disaster I passed 3 cars on there side and 4 cars into the concrete median in a 5 mile stretch. I left at 5:45 got to work at 8am usually a 20 min ride, anyway 27 with moderate snow as per my son at home 

You'd think people would know how to drive in snow being as they live in a cold winter climate. I know its the old cliche that people drive too fast, but, still...

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum said:
4 minutes ago, Voyager said:
You'd think people would know how to drive in snow being as they live in a cold winter climate. I know its the old cliche that people drive too fast, but, still...

Probably on their smartphones checking doppler ;-)

Oh I know they're probably on their phones. Sitting high in the truck I can see what people are doing, and a good 50 to 60 percent are doing something on their phones.

pixie dust on and off. no accumulation. expecting to be writing that a lot in this thread.
We will be writing alot about rain tonight also. NAM really pushes waa into all of Lehigh County and Northampton now and I dont think the warm push is finished yet. We will see snow on the backside but doesnt look like alot. Not as much as advertised say 18 hours ago.

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum said:
19 minutes ago, The Iceman said:
pixie dust on and off. no accumulation. expecting to be writing that a lot in this thread.

We will be writing alot about rain tonight also. NAM really pushes waa into all of Lehigh County and Northampton now and I dont think the warm push is finished yet. We will see snow on the backside but doesnt look like alot. Not as much as advertised say 18 hours ago.

yep I fully agree with you. I was talking more about "no accumulation" than pixie dust falling as what will likely be posted a lot. If trends continue, we may not even see a coating down here...it will end as snow but that may only last 15 minutes. I think you mentioned last march's storm above or in the other thread but I totally get the same vibe. There is nothing preventing warm air from surging inland and the meso's will likely have a better grasp on that. This may be the first event that trends away from us as opposed to trending better like every other event this year.

9 minutes ago, Newman said:

Has the sun come out for you? Its a cloudy 32 degrees here so I'd guess you have sun or at least partly sunny.

I have my own office but the downside is that it doesn't have windows. From when I've gone to take a look though it seems we've had sun poking through pretty much all afternoon. 

12 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

I have my own office but the downside is that it doesn't have windows. From when I've gone to take a look though it seems we've had sun poking through pretty much all afternoon. 

That's pretty shocking, both the temp and the sun. Up here it has snowed various intensity all day long. It never actually stopped...although at times it was more "flurryish" than steady. I really thought we'd get into a lull for a few hours, but...it just kept going.

The precip has literally stopped right at Fleetwood PA on the radar lol. I know most is supposed to come later with the coastal development but I can't help but be irritated that it has stopped 5 miles to my west whether it is just flurries or not.

19 minutes ago, Newman said:

The precip has literally stopped right at Fleetwood PA on the radar lol. I know most is supposed to come later with the coastal development but I can't help but be irritated that it has stopped 5 miles to my west whether it is just flurries or not.

We still have a good coating from this morning, I think I saw a couple flakes

7FFFCC92-CB4E-4862-9EE9-3A5AE8962A1D.jpeg

Archived