Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
North Balti Zen

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, 32º said:

My veg gardens are as loose and dry as the surface of a sand dune and they are too big to water using our well.

Ugh, sorry neighbor. Hoping we can get some rain soon. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Pattern looks to get wetter as we move through the second week of June, but probably still a pretty bone dry next 10-14 days. Saturday showers the only game in town.

Yeah, second week of June looks better, but that is still only "normal" rainfall according to the GEFS, GEPS, and Euro ensembles.   The CFS is the only system hinting at above-average rain.

And Saturday's opportunity looks to be fleeting for those of us on the east side of the Potomac.    The front looks to crash through early and shift the best shower/storm potential to areas west and southwest of DC.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I just did it too. Despite recently saying I wouldn't. :yikes:

Me too. The only reason I caved is because it’s only June, my yard is stressed, and water is so damn cheap here. Pikesville has a mystery reservoir that is somehow tied to the city, so my water is relatively inexpensive. My water bill is about a tenth of most in the area. :ph34r:

But I’ll deny saying that. Besides, there is a trade off. I have to live here. :drunk:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, stormy said:

Abnormally dry to moderate drought conditions will worsen during the next 7 days for most areas.

There are some indications that the pattern may break down for next week.

Agreed.    It's bleak for the next week, but all of the ensembles show rainfall flipping to near or even above normal starting next week and potentially lasting at least a couple of weeks.      And the deterministic solutions are starting to key in on a potential system early next week to get things started.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, high risk said:

Agreed.    It's bleak for the next week, but all of the ensembles show rainfall flipping to near or even above normal starting next week and potentially lasting at least a couple of weeks.      And the deterministic solutions are starting to key in on a potential system early next week to get things started.

EPS and GEPS look especially promising for early next week.

• Like 3

From my experience, dry and droughts this early really suck more because there just wasn’t a chance to fill reservoirs and aquifers during the “rainy” season of winter and spring. So when we get hot and dry that’s when the pain hits. Low flows now ain’t good

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

Baltimore YTD driest on record 

:lol:

A record for the first 156 days of the year?

That's like some random baseball statistic about how well a left-handed pitcher throws against righties in the second game of a three-game series with two outs in the seventh inning and a man on first base.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I’ll ask the most important and burning question. How were the following winters? :lol:

First question that popped intp my brain (shocking I know)! Well 86-87 was pretty good :lol: I think that was a moderate niño. 69-70 was weak...still got to 21" though (of course that same setup may not get there today...but that's another convo of course). Interestingly, on the flip side, the winters following the wetter years were mediocre (I remember that being my gripe in 2018 where it rained practically every weekend, lol)

10 hours ago, mattie g said:

:lol:

A record for the first 156 days of the year?

That's like some random baseball statistic about how well a left-handed pitcher throws against righties in the second game of a three-game series with two outs in the seventh inning and a man on first base.

You have too much invested in being anti-drought. ;)  

The fact that it is the driest year to date at any point into the growing season is very notable.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I’ll ask the most important and burning question. How were the following winters? :lol:

Jan 87 was famous for the double-whammy snowfall of about 12"+ 9" within a few days. Plus it was quite cold.

I remember the Northeast Blizzard of Dec 1969. . About 20-30" in NY/PA, but the usual shaft job for home. (My family traveled from Syracuse NY to MoCo right in the teeth of it)

Not too conclusive I guess.