Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
North Balti Zen

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Fozz said:

Honestly, looking back at the drought monitor data, you'll be able to see that we haven't had a widespread severe drought in the region in 20 years. 

We have been very fortunate. A lot of other regions of the country have not.

This data really says it all.

I remember how horrible the 2002 drought was, and how hot, dry, and miserable that summer was. We've had a few minor droughts since then, but nothing has come close to the horror of summer 2002.

wfo-LWX-usdm-time-series.thumb.png.4ec79050488a77a62f9069850f826bcc.png

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Fozz said:

This data really says it all.

I remember how horrible the 2002 drought was, and how hot, dry, and miserable that summer was. We've had a few minor droughts since then, but nothing has come close to the horror of summer 2002.

wfo-LWX-usdm-time-series.thumb.png.4ec79050488a77a62f9069850f826bcc.png

nice winter followed though :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, leesburg 04 said:

nice winter followed though :)

Oh yeah, the following October had one of the greatest pattern changes that I've ever seen. Early in the month, we still had that lousy summer pattern. Later that month, we got a (rainy) noreaster and then another rainy day where BWI had a high of 39 (a record cold high for the whole month). Soon enough the drought was wiped out, and then I knew that we were in for a great winter.

1 hour ago, Fozz said:

Oh yeah, the following October had one of the greatest pattern changes that I've ever seen. Early in the month, we still had that lousy summer pattern. Later that month, we got a (rainy) noreaster and then another rainy day where BWI had a high of 39 (a record cold high for the whole month). Soon enough the drought was wiped out, and then I knew that we were in for a great winter.

Weren't you like 3 years old that year?

Journal day 129 of drought 2022.  It only rained 3/4" today. Tomatoes are bursting and mosquitoes are enforce.  I almost had to water the garden 42 days ago but it poured rain so I didn't.  Not sure how we're going to make it but we press on.  The high sun angle won't allow for snow much less cooling rain.  Will continue to update assuming we can make it more days with only moderate rain.  

• Haha 3