• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
North Balti Zen

1 hour ago, Yeoman said:

What a miserably boring existence you must have out in Cross Junction..

It's great if the most interesting weather to you is the passage of dry, windy cold fronts and gale- force winds under bright, sunny skies.  

Actually,  its decent in winter in keeping snow.  But, it is dry, dry, and dry during the summer.  Absolute dearth of t - storms out here. 

On 8/6/2021 at 10:23 PM, EastCoast NPZ said:

4.4" of rain since May 3.  

96 days.

On 8/8/2021 at 6:33 AM, CAPE said:

Abnormally dry for most of WV, W MD, and central/western VA, with an expanding area of moderate drought for parts of western VA.

https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/

The carve-out for NPZ's yard. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

The carve-out for NPZ's yard. 

It's truly remarkable.  Exemplified by yesterday evening's storms, it's a completely different world just a mile or 2 to my east and southeast.  Storms hit - and miss - the same spots over and over again.

My grass was burned up by the end of May.  Neighbors' gardens fried.  They eventually just gave up, as have I, trying to water.  It's hopeless.  My pumpkins were mostly duds thanks to the lack of rain and my corn never made it.  I only continue to water the maples I planted last year and the landscaping I've added since.  Too much invested there  to lose.

I have 0" for the month of Aug.

Since the 1.1" that fell on July 10 (I believe), I have received .3". 

Good thing I was flooded with 3" over the 9 weeks previous to that to get me through the dry spell.

Loved driving through puddles for 30 miles home the past 2 days to see them disappear instantly when I get 1/2  mile from my driveway.  Thats almost as pleasurable as driving through the green pastures and see them turn into cinder-grass (yes, I just coined that term) just as  quickly.

• Sad 1

• 3 months later...