Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Obs Thread 1/15-17

NorEastermass128

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Between the family stomach bug and now this, time for Ace Ventura to exorize the demons. Feel better.

Ryan was worried about poor snow growth but when this puzzles the best, what can you do as a weener.

I would not wish this stretch on anyone. It's testing everything I got.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Cold Miser said:

Except that all it takes is for one person to slide of the road in that one inch of un-plowed snow and  get injured and then the lawsuits happen ..."Why didn't the town do their job, and clear that (whopping) 1" of snow". Fingers point, blaming happens, so on and so forth.  No one can win. 

This true. 

35 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

plowing an inch of snow?   Great use of tax dollars!

Except that even a little bit can turn to ice pretty quickly by being compacted over and over.  Clearing snow is easier than ice and ice is a lot more slippery.

12 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

people slide off roads all the time-plowed or unplowed...salt would probably be a better choice for a small amount of snow...

If the truck is dumping salt, what's wrong with dropping the plow while they do it?  It seems to me that the salt would do a better job then being closer to the pavement.

10 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

Except that even a little bit can turn to ice pretty quickly by being compacted over and over.  Clearing snow is easier than ice and ice is a lot more slippery.

If the truck is dumping salt, what's wrong with dropping the plow while they do it?  It seems to me that the salt would do a better job then being closer to the pavement.

Pretty much all of this, public expects Black and wet immediately or phones are ringing 

5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Have to make yourself a board with a ruler or a yardstick that's removable, Just put it out when there are storms on the horizon so you can check it from work...............:)

Hopefully a yardstick, thats the plan though, working in SECT a snow hole many times its slop here, like today but snowing at home, helps me know about the commute home, looks like its nada her at work right now.

Archived