• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
NorEastermass128

Obs Thread 1/15-17

Actually our sounding is pretty enlightening.

We're saturated from about 980 to 860 mb (~1000-4000 feet), and that's the zone where winds are due east. NE at the surface, and south to southwest above that layer.

39 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I mean the 0 PoP was pretty ugly to walk in to. Winter time misery mist.

.NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 AM TUESDAY MORNING/...
Update...Onshore flow continues. With moist low levels and
convergence over land...weak low level lift is resulting in
persistent snowfall. Much like the miserable mist we see in the
spring time with cold...onshore flow.

:lol: I like it.

Posted the below in the NNE thread, and plagiarizing myself because of the uniqueness of getting OES at my location north of the Kennebec Highlands barrier.  Always before, my prime CAD area meant no upslope, no Norluns, no OES.  At least I'm now batting .333.

Had OES at my foothills locale last evening, 1st time in almost 20 years here.  Between about 5 PM to 9 we got 1.0" with only 0.01" LE.  No, I didn't believe the 100:1 ratio either, but a double-core sample follow-up produced the same result.  Objects (like my unpainted plywood snowboard) were clearly visible under the new snow.  Nice flakes falling ultra-slowly thru near-calm low teens.

9 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

Been snowing since about 4pm in SE Amherst, finally a coating and sticking to roads.

.5" in Greenfield so far today.  Steady light snow 28F

10 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Even heavier virga now, seriously though, not a flake.

Close to moderate here the past 20 minutes but absolute baking powder flakes.  Street is covered and slick though. 

• Like 1

Been snowing basically all day here, mostly mood snow coated things up till about 330, then some better snow growth and lower vis. About 2" otg, radar looks good down stream, liking my spot for this one... holding steady at 30/26, no wind to speak of.