Newest Member
    Dano62
Obs Thread 1/15-17

NorEastermass128

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dryslot said:

I know it should, We have been on a run the last few years in the southern half of the state, I'm sure it will revert back to climo at some point.

That's okay.  I still remember March 2014 when points not far to my south got messy advisory snows while we had 13-14" here, twice.

Spent 9hrs below freezing this morning...bottomed out at 22.8F. Takes a NNW flow to get temps that low down the peninsula.
Locals calling it brutal. It's relative but including WC, I'd call it brisk. Third episode this season with extended freezing temps.
Mid-upper 70's by Sunday
LONG LIVE WINTER! 

3 hours ago, dryslot said:

I know it should, We have been on a run the last few years in the southern half of the state, I'm sure it will revert back to climo at some point.

I can't take measurements from my country estate as I'm there less than 50% of the time, but NOWData has an entry for neighboring Hollis and thus far has recorded 52.5".  A solid year snowfall-wise to this point.

3 minutes ago, MaineJayhawk said:

I can't take measurements from my country estate as I'm there less than 50% of the time, but NOWData has an entry for neighboring Hollis and thus far has recorded 52.5".  A solid year snowfall-wise to this point.

Yes, We have over performed on several of these events.

Final totals for this storm across CT. Warning snows only verified across extreme northern Litchfield county. Most of southern CT at the shore saw mostly rain. Inland we had about a half an inch here that quickly melted as the sun came up, while it was still snowing. Classic white rain storm here.

I pulled the plug on amounts for CT that evening/night before the snow started for much of the state. Pretty much went high advisory and lower for the whole state. I never liked this one for CT but would have had amounts higher im sure if i had a map out 24-48hrs in prior.

Confidence was high in Litchfield getting a solid plowable 3-6"+ snowfall and also high in the SE corner/shoreline getting next to nothing, the transition zone, near and along 84 was the question mark for me. 

Better luck next time, can't win em all. 

01_17.18_snow_totals.thumb.jpg.9f085c07a99b4abd893d4b8acd1a5daa.jpg01_17.18_snow_forecast_1.thumb.jpg.bf45e70412ec8ae5453766b40d788d3c.jpg

I had initially complimented okx for their initial snow total map but it turned out to be a major bust for eye 95. This is an aside but I don't know why the Connecticut tv stations don't show New York city in their snowfall maps considering the fact that so many people travel to New York city on a daily basis from all of Connecticut, not just Fairfield county.

34 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Final totals for this storm across CT. Warning snows only verified across extreme northern Litchfield county. Most of southern CT at the shore saw mostly rain. Inland we had about a half an inch here that quickly melted as the sun came up, while it was still snowing. Classic white rain storm here.

I pulled the plug on amounts for CT that evening/night before the snow started for much of the state. Pretty much went high advisory and lower for the whole state. I never liked this one for CT but would have had amounts higher im sure if i had a map out 24-48hrs in prior.

Confidence was high in Litchfield getting a solid plowable 3-6"+ snowfall and also high in the SE corner/shoreline getting next to nothing, the transition zone, near and along 84 was the question mark for me. 

Better luck next time, can't win em all. 

01_17.18_snow_totals.thumb.jpg.9f085c07a99b4abd893d4b8acd1a5daa.jpg01_17.18_snow_forecast_1.thumb.jpg.bf45e70412ec8ae5453766b40d788d3c.jpg

Nice call.

Archived