Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Obs Thread 1/15-17

NorEastermass128

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

Yes, Was in a lull but now its picking back up with this next band Mark.

This could be quite the season if this period of thaw turns out to have 2 snowfalls, and lasts 10 days instead of 2-3 weeks.  We could get right back in business early next week.  Wouldn't take an extraordinary Feb-Mar for most of us up here to break 100.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

This could be quite the season if this period of thaw turns out to have 2 snowfalls, and lasts 10 days instead of 2-3 weeks.  We could get right back in business early next week.  Wouldn't take an extraordinary Feb-Mar for most of us up here to break 100.

No it wouldn't, Seeing i'm over half way to there now..........lol

33 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

friend on the salisbury webster line said 4 and still falling.  BTW I visited there the other day and they retained a lot more snow than even boscawen.  I think they had a localized high amount in the big storm (friends said 18-20) and then they didn't torch as bad.  I had some patches in fields showing in Boscawen but they had 12" easy everywhere.  Was a striking difference for 5 miles and 100 ft in elevation.

5 miles is an eternity in weather... can drive through some huge snowfall/precip ranges even in that amount of distance.

This event was weak sauce across the board. It did overperform my expectations for snow here though despite that... never really warmed up during the short lived meaningful precip, good call on the colder trend those who had it.

The models def did a decent job outlining the dryslot area, or whatever you want to call it.

I don’t think anyone should be complaining about this though. Anyone who thought there was going to be widespread 5”+ totals and lollies to 10” Wasn’t looking at models the last 24-36 hours... or actively chose to ignore the output. This was losing steam right up until go time.

4.25” final it appears.

We skied Wachusett for a couple of hours this afternoon.  Very fun.  Considering the hit they took with the big melt the trails were in very good shape and the falling snow added to the appeal.

I figured meh on this...was hoping for 6” but fell short. My 4-6” call worked out here

Archived