Weathernoob335
Obs Thread 1/15-17

NorEastermass128

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, WxBlue said:

7.5" and still falling in Dover.

Someone messed with the green pole to mark where my board is, but thankfully, I was able to find the board because I already cleared it couple hours earlier. 

That band that redeveloped near CON looks to be expanding and slipper east towards you.  Maybe you make a run at 10 if the snow growth is good.

1 hour ago, JC-CT said:

Yes that does suck, but the sharp cutoff was always modeled. So really, you were just way overconfident in your forecast totals.

actually over 2 inches now, a last minute hail mary....certainly not 3 inches as it is melting underneath itself etc

ok 2015.....yes but the only way to have known about it for someone like myself was to be a member of a forum like this one and I remember that morning I looked at the sky and thought "we are not gonna get another 20 inch event after just having one two years prior, sky doesn't look right for that plus those events almost are impossible here".....watched the satellite and radar all day and knew a Jan 2005 repeat was en route minus the good waa stuff that storm had. It again would get going just out of range. I remember the mesos insisting on the sharp cut offs but even the very conservative local mets bought the euro hook line and sinker so I just hoped against hope my gut feeling was wrong but deep down I knew you guys were right. Maybe I just was really hoping for a solid 12 to 15...

I will say this much though....getting half or less of what was forecast for jan 2005  and boxing day 2010, whiffed feb 2005, dec 2009, and feb 2010 when up to a foot or more was forecast with all 3, a dozen or so events like today and so on...really takes the wind out of the sails so to speak of what has been a very prolific era for southern and eastern sections

now areas literally a few miles n/w of me can add all of the above plus feb 06 and jan 27 2011 to the list of major disappointments, I just happened to be right on the line literally for bigger snows with those two events

13 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Looks like a moderate band formed again north of KCON.

Looks good on radar but not very impressive here.  fairly large flakage  but vis about 1 mile.  Have not gone much below that with this storm. Closing in on 4"  28F

My live cams   http://www.metrocast.net/~wxeye/

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Haven’t measured yet...probably close to what Gene has based on what I drove through.

friend on the salisbury webster line said 4 and still falling.  BTW I visited there the other day and they retained a lot more snow than even boscawen.  I think they had a localized high amount in the big storm (friends said 18-20) and then they didn't torch as bad.  I had some patches in fields showing in Boscawen but they had 12" easy everywhere.  Was a striking difference for 5 miles and 100 ft in elevation.

Archived