• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Obs Thread 1/15-17

NorEastermass128

I just finish lunch and people bring up 09-10, the most nauseating winter of my experience.  05-06 and 15-16 were statistically worse, but far far behind in frustration level.  Three KUs sail by without leaving a flake, then the 4th one dumps the most disgusting mess of a 10" snowfall I've ever seen, or tried to move out of my driveway, and that followed by 1"+ of 34° RA (on NE winds) while NYC was getting hammered with 20"+.  Also had 46 consecutive days of AN temps, 25 consecutive days in Jan-Feb with zero measurable precip.  The hits just kept on coming.

Steady SN- in Augusta, looks like a bit over 1" since I got here at 7:45, almost up to 3".  Radar suggests the homefront is closer to the fringes; we fall farther behind LEW and Lava Rock.  The worm will turn.  ;)

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Steady SN- in Augusta, looks like a bit over 1" since I got here at 7:45, almost up to 3".  Radar suggests the homefront is closer to the fringes; we fall farther behind LEW and Lava Rock.  The worm will turn.  ;)

I’m about 10 miles up the 201 from you and I think I can better you by a good inch or so.  Just measured.  We had a 10 minute lull a couple of hours ago, but it’s been fairly steady, crap growth snow.  I think it’ll continue for a long while.

I like it, it’s over performing from what I had envisioned last night anyway!

19 minutes ago, WthrJunkyME said:

I’m about 10 miles up the 201 from you and I think I can better you by a good inch or so.  Just measured.  We had a 10 minute lull a couple of hours ago, but it’s been fairly steady, crap growth snow.  I think it’ll continue for a long while.

I like it, it’s over performing from what I had envisioned last night anyway!

Actually a few dime-size flakes now in Augusta, after hours and hours of itty-bitties.  And there's an inland band that appears to reach up to the homestead area, so maybe we pass the 2" mark there (by more than tenths.)

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I get angry at Will when he correctly rationalizes that the euro didnt miss by much, like 25-50 miles. I measured the 0z euro 24” line in wnj and compared to verified amounts, on a map, and while east of NYC got the 24” amounts which is about 30 miles. The distance from WNJ to the CTR is closer to 125 miles lol. 

Cant forget about my friends west of the river in MA too, they got shafted from 18-24”. 

I am just east of the river and the least snowy forecast was 15 to 20, some were up to 30....woke up to 6-7 inches of arctic sand and then the snow ended and dim sunshine through the overcast all day while just 10-20 miles east rocked then the next night a 1.5 to 2 inch ull parting gift of fluff....jan 2015

horrible

8 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Actually a few dime-size flakes now in Augusta, after hours and hours of itty-bitties.  And there's an inland band that appears to reach up to the homestead area, so maybe we pass the 2" mark there (by more than tenths.)

Much improved from this morning.  It was nice shoveling, comfortable temp for a change!

3 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

I am just east of the river and the least snowy forecast was 15 to 20, some were up to 30....woke up to 6-7 inches of arctic sand and then the snow ended and dim sunshine through the overcast all day while just 10-20 miles east rocked then the next night a 1.5 to 2 inch ull parting gift of fluff....jan 2015

horrible

Yes that does suck, but the sharp cutoff was always modeled. So really, you were just way overconfident in your forecast totals.

1 minute ago, backedgeapproaching said:

ALB band has been rotating through SVT for the past few hours, nice growth with just no wind, put just about 2" down in a little over 2 hours.

Over 6" for the event, big time wintry appeal with the pasting on every branch. 31F

Nice, your area was modeled decently and seemed to work out.

26 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

ALB band has been rotating through SVT for the past few hours, nice growth with just no wind, put just about 2" down in a little over 2 hours.

Over 6" for the event, big time wintry appeal with the pasting on every branch. 31F

The SE edge of that just made it into Greenfield so back to steady light snow for a bit. 

Archived