Newest Member
    Dano62
Obs Thread 1/15-17

NorEastermass128

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

That is really bad extreme sw ct. I work in Norwalk and drive through Monroe, all rain here and probably just 1” in Monroe.Heavy slant sticking.

I realize it's a preliminary map...but it's downright awful for all southern CT. Guarantee nobody within 5 miles of the shoreline saw much more than a coating BDR east. 0.0" at my place...map shows 1-3" right down to the shoreline.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Windcredible! said:

I realize it's a preliminary map...but it's downright awful for all southern CT. Guarantee nobody within 5 miles of the shoreline saw much more than a coating BDR east. 0.0" at my place...map shows 1-3" right down to the shoreline.

Do they use public reports to draw the map? If so, the average person sees a coating on the roads with plows out as a ‘snowstorm’ and checks in with 6”. They should disregard. 

3 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Yea all mesos have us lightly snowing through 22z or so...

latest rgem doesn’t end the light snow until 0z tonight.

I'm in Savannah today and flying to Albany this afternoon so I'm missing it.  Really impressed to see Dover likely to exceed 8", and looks like my other home in Dendriteland is doing pretty well now after a breaking up of the echoes there.

1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

I'm in Savannah today and flying to Albany this afternoon so I'm missing it.  Really impressed to see Dover likely to exceed 8", and looks like my other home in Dendriteland is doing pretty well now after a breaking up of the echoes there.

Yea. Seacoast doing really well with this one. Wouldn’t be surprised to see widespread 8-10” amounts around here. Thinking KPSM will be the subforum jackpot..

5 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

1 minute ago, jbenedet said:

Yea. Seacoast doing really well with this one. Wouldn’t be surprised to see widespread 8-10” amounts around here. Thinking KPSM will be the subforum jackpot..

Agree with the PSM jackpot. Overnight part of this storm did really well here. A nice surprise for sure.

Archived