Newest Member
    joxey
Obs Thread 1/15-17

NorEastermass128

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Everything is off to the east.  Looks like my area is cooked unless that patch over ALB were to hold together for the 4-6 hours it would take to reach Franklin Cty.  About 2" in Augusta, probably about the same at home - had 1.2" at 7 AM after 6 hr snowfall.  At least the rain-soaked piles get prettied up.

That’s all I was hoping for.  Beyond belief to me that they kept the kids home from school for this though.  

As per usual, I look at the radar for the whole storm and think "My 2.5" is Good!  Can't be much more anywhere for how this has gone..."  And people have 6"-7" in Massachusetts.  :wacko:  How with that paltry radar over the last 8 hours could someone have gotten even 4" let alone 6"+??  

17" in January, 3rd best January out of the past 7 shockingly.  

The best ended up well W of here which some models hinted at.  Capital district seemed to do well.  Close to 5" here in 24 hours so can't complain toooo much but expected a bit more.   The biggest disappointment was that almost all of it fell overnight so never got to see good rates. 

MPM jackpot futility streak maybe lives on? although I suspect he got 6"+ up on the hill. 

Archived