Newest Member
    joxey
Obs Thread 1/15-17

NorEastermass128

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, weathafella said:

A nice little band has moved in now-suspect it will be in SRs hood within 10 minutes..

Briefly caught the tail end of it and had moderate snow for a few minutes but it looks like it's in and out quickly. Should be the theme of the morning per radar - maybe we'll scrape our way to a couple of inches but judging by obs/radar/mesos it should definitely come in on the lower end of expectations.

1 minute ago, SR Airglow said:

Briefly caught the tail end of it and had moderate snow for a few minutes but it looks like it's in and out quickly. Should be the theme of the morning per radar - maybe we'll scrape our way to a couple of inches but judging by obs/radar/mesos it should definitely come in on the lower end of expectations.

Agree.  Theme here is less water but also less warm meaning mainly snow for most off the far sw regions of SNE.

Just now, weathafella said:

Agree.  Theme here is less water but also less warm meaning mainly snow for most off the far sw regions of SNE.

Yep, I'd be surprised if we're anything but all snow here. Nice win for SE areas that stayed cold enough to ring up a few inches overnight.

Just now, SouthCoastMA said:

2"+ at the moment. Over 1" in the last hour

The S coast...maybe just N of you may be a sneaky winner. I think 3K NAM or a few HRRR runs showed this.

Bizzare storm. I am fighting bronchitis and didn't look hard at this, but certainly thought inland areas would do better..Like TOL and points north. There still may be stuff developing down by NYV that clips them.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

The S coast...maybe just N of you may be a sneaky winner. I think 3K NAM or a few HRRR runs showed this.

Bizzare storm. I am fighting bronchitis and didn't look hard at this, but certainly thought inland areas would do better..Like TOL and points north. There still may be stuff developing down by NYV that clips them.

Feel better bro, been pretty sick for 2 weeks myself.

18 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

plowing an inch of snow?   Great use of tax dollars!

11 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Brainless and brutal.

Except that all it takes is for one person to slide of the road in that one inch of un-plowed snow and  get injured and then the lawsuits happen ..."Why didn't the town do their job, and clear that (whopping) 1" of snow". Fingers point, blaming happens, so on and so forth.  No one can win. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Between the family stomach bug and now this, time for Ace Ventura to exorize the demons. Feel better.

Ryan was worried about poor snow growth but when this puzzles the best, what can you do as a weener.

1 minute ago, Cold Miser said:

Except that all it takes is for one person to slide of the road in that one inch of un-plowed snow and  get injured and then the lawsuits happen ..."Why didn't the town do their job, and clear that (whopping) 1" of snow". Fingers point, blaming happens, so on and so forth.  No one can win. 

people slide off roads all the time-plowed or unplowed...salt would probably be a better choice for a small amount of snow...

Archived