Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 16/17 light snow event.

clskinsfan

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

Backwards confluence where the flakes are flying?

There's 2 things to look for. A "backwards bend" of isobars and cyclonic flow. This feature has both and low pressure off the coast feeding it. It's an extension of the low off the coast providing moisture transport and lift. Precip is typically isolated to a small area. 

CMC doesn't look too bad precip wise for northern areas but the animated version just looks like flurries forever. 

Also not even sure how much stock, if any, to put in the models right now when Bethany Beach almost has more snow on the ground than models show for the whole period.

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

Is there a sledding hill??? 

Sadly no, gradual slope from front to back. There is a thick layer of ice on the pool cover you could probably skate on though. And a playset, that its quite fun in the snow. 

7 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

CMC doesn't look too bad precip wise for northern areas but the animated version just looks like flurries forever. 

Also not even sure how much stock, if any, to put in the models right now when Bethany Beach almost has more snow on the ground than models show for the whole period.

Good analysis

32 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Glad to see the GFS put us westerners in the game finally. I think Bob's 1-3 call is pretty safe at this point for everyone.

This is, by far, our best chance of the season so far.  Makes complete sense too; 2 days later we start to torch.  Chances for extended snow-cover safely gone.

1 minute ago, 87storms said:

i kinda like the fact that we're looking at overcast tomorrow.  should keep temps down, so we don't lose too much initial precip to wet pavement.  i'm assuming there should be instant stickage at least on non-main roads, assuming it's at least a steady snow.

I read an article that they are going to spread brine from aircraft overnight. 

Archived