Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 16/17 light snow event.

clskinsfan

1 minute ago, Ji said:

Is there anyway the gfs and ensembles could be so wrong so close to game time? Just hard to phathom

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

We're going to find out pretty quick. A lot of support building for what the euro showed at 12z. Euro has had a number of decent runs in a row too. At least 3. 

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 87storms said:

i think i'm moving onto 12z...until then there doesn't seem to be enough trend/consensus.  on the bright side, 1-3" is better than no inches.

Yeah, glad it wasn't as abysmal as the GFS has been, but it certainly wasn't great, and of course disappointing given what we had seen so far in the 0z suite. 

4 minutes ago, 87storms said:

i think i'm moving onto 12z...until then there doesn't seem to be enough trend/consensus.  on the bright side, 1-3" is better than no inches.

It's been the most likely scenario since the beginning. Euro just missed closing off in time. Wouldn't surprise me if it comes back at 12z. We're right at 72hr leads and not far from a better solution. I'l hug the cmc and jma tonight 

Just now, Maestrobjwa said:

GFS again? Huh...challenging EURO for the crown this season? (And outside that one fantasy run in the LR towards the end of last month, it has predicted all our failures so far, it seems...)

Let's wait until it actually happens before declaring anything. Gfs is furthest from consensus at this point and wrangling at 72 hours is part of the game every single time. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

It's been the most likely scenario since the beginning. Euro just missed closing off in time. Wouldn't surprise me if it comes back at 12z. We right at 72hr leads and not far from a better solution. I'l hug the cmc and jma tonight 

yea, seems to be enough going on with this system to keep it interesting for now.

3 minutes ago, 87storms said:

One is questionable at this point out here. I really cant believe the way this winter has gone so far. I may need to follow @WinterWxLuvr lead and bail on tracking this ****. 

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

It's been the most likely scenario since the beginning. Euro just missed closing off in time. Wouldn't surprise me if it comes back at 12z. We right at 72hr leads and not far from a better solution. I'l hug the cmc and jma tonight 

Definitely not over yet. Everyone is going to see some snow regardless of the coastal. At this point 2-3 inches is more likely than a dusting to 1. Too bad that's not good enough for some but I'll take it.

Archived