Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 16/17 light snow event.

clskinsfan

3 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Let's hope the king gets his crown back this week. Haha

Sometimes a model picks up on a big shift in the short or med range first and then everything follows shortly. I've even  seen the NAM do it but unfortunately that time it was when the wheels started falling off. 

Once I saw the 12z eps it felt like one of those times in our favor but still only having 1 model suite do it is sketchy. More models jumping in at 72 hour leads is pretty encouraging. Still tenuous and prone for a miss east but hopefully we can squeeze 1-3 from the front before worrying about that. 

What we need tonight is the euro to show one of the eps solutions that tucked a low into central NJ and we get CCB'd for 6-12 hours. 

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sometimes a model picks up on a big shift in the short or med range first and then everything follows shortly. I've even  seen the NAM do it but unfortunately that time it was when the wheels started falling off. 
Once I saw the 12z eps it felt like one of those times in our favor but still only having 1 model suite do it is sketchy. More models jumping in at 72 hour leads is pretty encouraging. Still tenuous and prone for a miss east but hopefully we can squeeze 1-3 from the front before worrying about that. 
 What we need tonight is the euro to show one of the eps solutions that tucked a low into central NJ and we get CCB'd for 6-12 hours. 
What is CCBD?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Yup, it is the "second best model" in a vacuum in the lab. The model does weird stuff with coastal lows and always has.

One poster said it tends to be too far east with very dynamic lows and too amped with weaker ones.  I've seen the first happen and it just did with last week's storm but I have not noticed the 2nd one.  It still generally tells you the idea of the Euro most of the time an hour ahead

1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

One poster said it tends to be too far east with very dynamic lows and too amped with weaker ones.  I've seen the first happen and it just did with last week's storm but I have not noticed the 2nd one.  It still generally tells you the idea of the Euro most of the time an hour ahead

It did a phenomenal job of that at 12z...just saying...

11 minutes ago, Red1976Red said:

Not so sure, didn’t this one pop up out of nowhere 4 days out? 

Sort of but we had the cold to work with. After this one we prob have to deal with another rainer/warm couple days. However, starting to see some changes from the 23rd onward. Confluence and blocking could force something under us. Ensembles are slowly adding snowier solutions down the line every suite. 0z gfs had a pretty decent fantasy storm too. 

The page I get the the JMA from is off Earl Barker page. I don't even know if the 00z run goes out beyond 72 hours because on his page the 00z runs never do. That precip is just from 72 hours, so I imagine with the ULL almost positive and about to be even tilt negative it would be spit out some big time #s...Anyway, EURO should be be beginning any minute. Good luck to all. If EURO comes in decent I am going to hop on board. 

Where is Ji? The 00z JMA (which is statistically much better) is basically a MECS. 
CONUS_JMA_500_GPHTMPVORT_72HR.gif&key=13bcbf6c3a1ab3b01e91aa652ea76688230bdd52b557b97c87bfd058dd724307
CONUS_JMA_1000-500_SLPTHKPRP_72HR.gif&key=aed035c2f73694c11ac9f28ea4bfc16f9987e4c605e51e618425ff49d254919a
Don't have it beyond 72

The jma loves coastal but this is a good sign. I usually worry when it's not on board with the A team models

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Archived