Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 16/17 light snow event.

clskinsfan

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Ah, gotchya. I missed that part. I just saw mitch complaining about no snow. Lol

Closed low on euro, eps, jma, cmc, and icon. Getting interesting folks...

The heck is the GFS issue? Lol Is it just me, or has it been on it's own an awful lot lately (with it being right the last few times, unfortunately)...But now, we're close to the short range and it's still on an island?...

5 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

I mean, if you want a significant trend, this is a good start. Hopefully Euro takes this home

Exactly.  Models typically are not going go from T-1" to a 4-8 deal in one run.  So far, this is the step we would like to see imo...another step or two and this is a nice region wide event.

10 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

It's trying I guess but it didn't look that good for me and we are running out of time. We need to see some significant trends here in the next 24 hours.

Dude what are you taking about? Cmc closed off h5 and nearly got us in the meat of the coastal. We still get 2-5" of snow as is and a big step towards a euro solution that had plenty of upside. 

HNW0MlO.jpg

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Dudex what are you taking about? Cmc closed off h5 and nearly got us in the meat of the coastal. We still get 2-5" of snow as is and a big step towards a euro solution that had plenty of upside. 

HNW0MlO.jpg

When you click on the link he was basing his post on, it took you to the 18z run. He probably saw that and not 0z.

7 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Dude what are you taking about? Cmc closed off h5 and nearly got us in the meat of the coastal. We still get 2-5" of snow as is and a big step towards a euro solution that had plenty of upside. 

Speaking from a strictly imby perspective, slowing things down and closing off h5 is my only hope.  There are a lot of things that can happen short range when you have an arctic front slowing down and a closed ull rolling through.

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

If the ukie comes in with a closed h5 solution and decent qpf then the upside solutions in the eps run start looking more real than fantasy. Even the overrunning front looked pretty good on the rgem and cmc. 

If the gfs ends up on a total island tonight then my guess is it's wrong. 

Let's hope the king gets his crown back this week. Haha

26 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Cmc would be close to warning level near the cities. Ulls almost always have high ratio snow. Great run and close to a storm Ji would only complain a little about 

Glad to see it after the rest of the suite so far. Everyone gets in the game. I am not feeling real good out here just based on the seasonal trend. But we we'll see what happens.

Archived