Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 16/17 light snow event.

clskinsfan

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Mdecoy said:

Not sure why you went full tilt over the NAMs snowmap. This is the type of where the digital snow maps aren't likely going to verify for any one location. There will be winners and losers for sure, but nothing is set in stone yet.

Your last sentence says it all. Taken literally, the 18z GFS shifted the 2" line 5 miles west in my area which is good for me. But, this is a very fluid situation with the shortwave energy riding up along the front. The view now will change in 12 and 24 hrs. Pattern persistence says my area will probably come up on the short end of the stick again, but nothing is set in stone yet.

4 minutes ago, Scraff said:

Aleet Aleet!! From 4 hours ago...

416BD020-11A2-4EE4-9D57-9E2BAC6A38A1.jpeg

That is hilarious and so DT. The Euro says this so that is what is set in stone....Hold on. Let me make a first call map once the snow has been falling for 12 hours. Then I will make a final call map after half of the area's precip has already stopped falling. HUG THE EURO much?

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

That is hilarious and so DT. The Euro says this so that is what is set in stone....Hold on. Let me make a first call map once the snow has been falling for 12 hours. Then I will make a final call map after half of the area's precip has already stopped falling. HUG THE EURO much?

DT has a bias for his own area.  When a storm looks a lot better for SE VA than it does for DC, I ignore his excitement.  This one would fit the bill

15 minutes ago, T. August said:

That’s a slippery slope though. I mean you and I are pushing it lol. If you’re respectful and contribute you should post wherever is my take.

I dont care who posts here as long as they aren't some whingy negative nancy or a confrontational A-hole who only shows up to troll.

2 minutes ago, Scraff said:

It’s weather. That’s it. Seriously we only have each other in this forum.  Hug your favorite snow model (and favorite character in here) and hang on like it’s your last Hawaiian day on earth. Aloha...

:lol:

Yeah. It gets a little dicey when half of the subforum has actually seen real snow events this year and the other half hasnt. Especially when the half that hasnt is used to crushing basically the entire rest of the subforum except the northern MD weenies. This two year stretch has been incredibly abysmal for the western folks.

20 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Why is he referenced so much but never appears here? 

2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Minus the Euro, not really.

There is a second stripe of precip that develops there.  Given the high is pretty far south, it makes sense that any potential cutoff would be contained to SE VA  and SE MD.  I could be wrong, but I'd rather call for what I think the setup favors.

Just now, Tenman Johnson said:

Why is he referenced so much but never appears here? 

He used to post here a lot. But quit and got booted numerous times. I dont mean to rag on the guy. HE KNOWS winter storms as well as anybody.In fact I have learned more about winter weather from him than anyone else.  He has just seemed to hug the euro the past few years instead of making real forecast. A shame really.

Archived