Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 15-16 Arctic Boundary Event

Kasper

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, dwagner88 said:

Why would that have anything to do with it? Memphis is the busiest cargo airport in the world and has been hit with 2 winter storms in the past week. 

Not sure. Maybe it doesn’t have to do with airliners, but there has to be a reason for this. It’s not natural.  I will bet you that once the main line passes this linear line, it redevelops. 

4 hours ago, Touchet said:

Bust for Birmingham. It will dissipate and redevelop south of here. We are just getting flurries. I think people along the gulf coast may get a surprise and get more snow than here. Roads are fine. 

I live just west of Birmingham, and we have about 1/2 an inch on the ground.   If I'm correct, the forecast was for 1/2" to 2"     I wouldn't call 1/2 inch a bust, just the low end of the spectrum.

1 hour ago, Touchet said:

Not sure. Maybe it doesn’t have to do with airliners, but there has to be a reason for this. It’s not natural.  I will bet you that once the main line passes this linear line, it redevelops. 

Yep, as predicted, redevelopment after it passes Birmingham. Interesting isn’t it. 

Lol of course this thing has now picked up steam. Died just in time to make absolutely sure that Chattanooga was the only southern city to not get snow. 

BTW qpf for this event was 0.02” here. About 1/5 of the driest amount shown on any of the major models. We have to have a Miller A to get snow here. There is no other way. 

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic

Archived