Weathernoob335
January 15-16 Arctic Boundary Event

Kasper

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, snowbird1230 said:

It's what I've been saying for hours but nobody wanted to face the truth

The first band is suppose to decay off, which is what is happening. The next question is....does the second band form along the next jet streak. The second band is what brings accumulations into the central valley...last couple runs of HRRR is starting to slowly come down from earlier.

I'm about as low elevation in the valley as you can get being on the Tennessee River at the Roane/Meigs county lines and got a good covering occurring in a short amount of time.  I've noticed when the radar lets up to virtually nothing it is still snowing for me its been fluctuating heavier lighter heavier lighter since it started.

Woods behind my house:

Snow Woods1-16-18.jpg

The first band is suppose to decay off, which is what is happening. The next question is....does the second band form along the next jet streak. The second band is what brings accumulations into the central valley...last couple runs of HRRR is starting to slowly come down from earlier.

You confused me here. Are you saying the HRRR is holding true to the second line taking over and possibly filling in? Looking at it on pivotal that’s what I’m seeing.

2 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

You confused me here. Are you saying the HRRR is holding true to the second line taking over and possibly filling in? Looking at it on pivotal that’s what I’m seeing.

Yeah, confused myself after reading it lol...just meant they had backed down a little on totals from earlier.

2 minutes ago, TellicoWx said:

What I'm wondering is, the HRRR is ran from assimilating radar data...so how's it going to affect that model or does it?

It will affect HRRR future runs.  Likely cannot trust it fully at this point.  It really a wait watch and see event for the most part now.  Though I still believe the last bands that pass each of us will be where we get 75 to 80% of our snow.

• Mr Bob changed the title to January 15-16 Arctic Boundary Event
  • Mr Bob pinned this topic
  • Mr Bob unpinned this topic

Archived