joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 15-16 Arctic Boundary Event

Kasper

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Encouraging trends. 12Z ARW hopefully missed something. That model is great 75% of the time but misses wildly the other 25%. Same for severe wx.

Anybody live directly south of Kentucky / Barkley Reservoirs? Some high res hints at lake effect snow again. 

HRRR starting to hint at regeneration at the very end of the runs for East Tenn. Perhaps a sign the NAM is onto something, other than crack.

NAM is pretty much 2-4+ inches north of 40 for the whole state west of I-81. Bumped Knoxville back up from around 1.5 inches to 2.5. 

Very little to speak of below Huntsville in Alabama. 

I'm curious to see if far NE areas bump totals as the event gets closer. It really does seem like the NAM and others are bumping totals further east as it performs better further west. 

24 minutes ago, bearman said:

"I was just about to mention that too.  I'm under the winter storm warning now.  Calling for 2-4 inches"

Great to see you guys cashing in.  Hope we can pull this over performance across the whole state.

Amen Brotha, I'm rooting for all you guys and gals across the state as well.  We've talked about getting cold and moisture linked up for a long time now.  And now we have  Artic Air-check, precipitation-check, good timing Climo wise-check.  It doesn't get much better than that.  It's awesome that we can all converse across the forum as were all being affected by this wintry weather too.  Only happens so many times!  

• Mr Bob changed the title to January 15-16 Arctic Boundary Event
  • Mr Bob pinned this topic
  • Mr Bob unpinned this topic

Archived