Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 15-16 Arctic Boundary Event

Kasper

Interesting note out of BMX AFD, it's what the CMC/RGEM are hinting at:

One interesting note is that a few of the models have begun to
hint at some redevelopment across the southern third of the area.
This will really need to be monitored as we go through the event.
As mentioned in the previous discussion we could even wind up
seeing more snow in the south than the north if this band does
develop

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping to see  at least a white ground around here. As Dwagner alluded to, these setups rarely work out for our area. Some folks have been going crazy running to the store buying up the milk and bread. From everything I've seen on the latest models it looks like a lot of the moisture dries up significantly when approaching northern Alabama and Georgia and  the Chattanooga area. Good luck to everyone on getting the ground to turn white.

32 minutes ago, bearman said:

Yes it is and a good fetch is coming out of the Gulf.  Have friends out in West TN just above the Mississippi border near Memphis and they just started getting some snow showers.

I'm about 65 miles east of memphis, haven't seen any snow yet.  It was supposed to start around 8pm for me though.  

16 minutes ago, TellicoWx said:

Light snow now falling at WFO in Memphis, and Alabama has declared a State of Emergency shutting down Birmingham. Spann talking about Feb 14 analog.

I think he probably means Jan 14. That was the snowjam. Feb 14 was a traditional winter storm like what we saw last weekend in west TN. 

Can I get you guys opinion on something. If you worked from 230 to 1 am, would you call out?  I live in Bham, and really don’t want to get stuck at work. I mean, it’s pretty much assured the roads will be horrible during this time, and I might get stuck at work for 2 days. Do you think I should risk it?

3 minutes ago, Mrwolf1972 said:

Ok the 23z hrr dries out quick and temps never go below freezing all the at out to the end of it's run . Any ideas on this.

hrrr_T2m_seus_19.png

hrrr_ref_frzn_seus_18.png

The HRR has been stubborn with this storm the past few days.  I've compared it just about everDay and it's been vastly different from the NAM3k, 12k, And RGEM to name a few.

Can I get you guys opinion on something. If you worked from 230 to 1 am, would you call out?  I live in Bham, and really don’t want to get stuck at work. I mean, it’s pretty much assured the roads will be horrible during this time, and I might get stuck at work for 2 days. Do you think I should risk it?
IMHO, if I had the time to take, I would take it and enjoy the winter weather and be safe at home.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

• Mr Bob changed the title to January 15-16 Arctic Boundary Event
  • Mr Bob pinned this topic
  • Mr Bob unpinned this topic

Archived