• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/16-17 Anafrontal/Coastal Low Snows Disco/Obs

Zelocita Weather

Interesting to watch the eastern edge of the band of precip over western LI get almost to our doorstep and no further for more than three hours now.  In the process, the snow line is marching steadily east within the band but the band itself isn't.  Quite interesting to watch.  The NAM yesterday actually had a very good handle on this.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, PB COLTS NECK NJ said:

This was taken at 915 AM in Colts Neck.

We will finish with 2 inches / same reports in Marlboro and Manalapan. 

Why is a photo blocked ? 

lol 

20180117_090156.jpg

It's not.  You need to PM wow.   There's issues on this site currently. 

1 minute ago, PB COLTS NECK NJ said:

Good to see CNJ come in with 2,  NNJ ( Vernon )  come in with 6 and the HV come in with  7 to 8.

Someone needs to tell Anthony Scicliano that 4 plus verified. 

The bust was around NYC where an inch fell and 2 to 4 missed them, AG made a good call on NYC , he never like it for them. 

My forecast from yesterday looks to have verified well.

4 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

My forecast from yesterday looks to have verified well.

You missed CNJ though , the lack of rates killed NYC not B/L. I am curious to see the L/E ranges.  I am to AGs  South and the levels worked out here because more precip fell. He couldn`t snow thru 0 at 925 , had .5 fallen there he would have been fine.

But he never liked the system. 2 inches was my forecast here and 4 to 8 NWNJ into the HV all verified.

My call of 2 to 4 for AG blew up.

But if you saw the lack of precip there kudos because that`s what killed him. 

4 minutes ago, PB COLTS NECK NJ said:

You missed CNJ though , the lack of rates killed NYC not B/L. I am curious to see the L/E ranges.  I am to AGs  South and the levels worked out here because more precip fell. He couldn`t snow thru 0 at 925 , had .5 fallen there he would have been fine.

But he never liked the system. 2 inches was my forecast here and 4 to 8 NWNJ into the HV all verified.

My call of 2 to 4 for AG blew up.

But if you saw the lack of precip there kudos because that`s what killed him. 

This was my forecast from yesterday. I had 1-3" for most of Central NJ.

Well the purple line was a coating to an inch and the black line was 1-3", but you get the idea.

I was a bit too high in certain areas.

sketched_5a5e13193a1fe.png

55 minutes ago, Bluesnow said:

First post here. I'm in Nassau county LI. North of the LIE. Switched over to snow at 8:30. Over 1" now. Roads including the major highways are treacherous. Snowing moderately. Going to make a run at 2" based on radar

That's interesting. None of the traffic cameras on the north shore show anything more than a dusting, and the "major highways" per all of the traffic cameras are wet. Do you live up on a big hill or something? What major highways are snowcovered? 

52 minutes ago, seanick said:

I think it's *nearly* impossible to have treacherous roads with an inch or two of snow. Those people must really not know how to drive. 

About a month ago, the clipper that dropped less than 2” of snow in Queens on a Fri evening made roads horrible. I drove in it, trust me it was awful. It just takes a coating on streets to make them slick.

12 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

This was my forecast from yesterday. I had 1-3" for most of Central NJ.

Well the purple line was a coating to an inch and the black line was 1-3", but you get the idea.

I was a bit too high in certain areas.

sketched_5a5e13193a1fe.png

What was the green line? I wound up with 6 or so in Phillipsburg (at about 400 feet) and I’m right on the border of your green area.

Archived