Newest Member
    joxey
1/16-17 Anafrontal/Coastal Low Snows Disco/Obs

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NJwx85 said:

There's a pretty decent band over the Western 2/3rds of LI and if the temps can cool a little bit more it could drop a quick inch or two. The Euro seems to have done the best so far with the GFS coming in as a close second. The NAM was too snowy and the RGEM was too warm.

Im under the band. Not snowing that hard and barely accumulating.

1 minute ago, NJwx85 said:

Okay maybe it's done for your but it's not over up here.

And it looks like that warm BL was too much to overcome out on most of Long Island. Geez, I wonder who the first poster was to point that out?

Only light stuff is left. No more then another .50" for anyone besides maybe the north shore of LI.

3 minutes ago, ag3 said:

Only light stuff is left. No more then another .50" for anyone besides maybe the north shore of LI.

KDIX radar indicates some back building over E PA and NJ. It's going to be another hour or two. Anyway, I'll gladly take my 3" or so and run. 

It was a mix up here until about 5AM so I lost a good 2-3 hours, otherwise I would have easily reached 6".

3 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

KDIX radar indicates some back building over E PA and NJ. It's going to be another hour or two. Anyway, I'll gladly take my 3" or so and run. 

It was a mix up here until about 5AM so I lost a good 2-3 hours, otherwise I would have easily reached 6".

Its all very light stuff. Use radarscope.

Just now, mikem81 said:

I think the event overall was nothing special for the metro area. I would be interested to see if there were any reports over 3-4 inches in the NW suburbs. For the City and western LI, it is just nice to see the snow this morning after expecting all rain

I believe most places in the metro located North of 84 and West of the Thruway received 6"+.

This was never supposed to be much more than a low end advisory snowfall for the coast.

2 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

I believe most places in the metro located North of 84 and West of the Thruway received 6"+.

This was never supposed to be much more than a low end advisory snowfall for the coast.

Curious to see how upper bergen, lower rockland and westchester did. Some models had 4-6 inches for those areas.

Just now, mikem81 said:

Curious to see how upper bergen, lower rockland and westchester did. Some models had 4-6 inches for those areas.

I am in upper Bergen, near the 17/287 interchange. For reference about a mile from the Rockland border and about 5 miles from Orange County (Tuxedo)

Currently just over 3" here. 

10 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

I am in upper Bergen, near the 17/287 interchange. For reference about a mile from the Rockland border and about 5 miles from Orange County (Tuxedo)

Currently just over 3" here. 

I know exactly where Mahwah. Took my kids to the Sheraton there for the March 2017 blizzard so I could see snow as opposed to sleet. Its very nice up there...

Just now, mikem81 said:

I know exactly where Mahwah. Took my kids to the Sheraton there for the March 2017 blizzard so I could see snow as opposed to sleet. Its very nice up there...

Thank you.

Yes we are right on the border here between civilization and the sticks lol. 

Your area is nice as well. Not too far from the Coliseum. We occasionally go to a good italian restaurant not far from there.

Archived