Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/16-17 Anafrontal/Coastal Low Snows Disco/Obs

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had some freezing rain making my driveway and sidewalk slick until about 6:25 am, when it changed over to snow. Snow really coming down nicely now - 1/4" covering everything as of 6:45 am, even the relatively busy street we're on.  We're under a nice band right now.  Been a steady 32F since about 5:30 am.  Morning rush could be a mess with snow falling moderately to close to heavily and accumulating snow on all but the most major roads at the rate it's falling.  

8 hours ago, NorthShoreWx said:

If I were a rich man...

I'd have a place in Montague.  Among other places.

For a bunch that you would think loves maps, there are some serious geographical challenges in this sub-forum.  Colonia has never been in the crosshairs on this one.  I think I was at one point, but it seems like a hundred years ago.

It is a big subforum, with parts of it as far from me as DC or Balt, which are in a different subforum.

9 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Had some freezing rain making my driveway and sidewalk slick until about 6:25 am, when it changed over to snow. Snow really coming down nicely now - 1/4" covering everything as of 6:45 am, even the relatively busy street we're on.  We're under a nice band right now.  Been a steady 32F since about 5:30 am.  Morning rush could be a mess with snow falling moderately to close to heavily and accumulating snow on all but the most major roads at the rate it's falling.  

The timing sucks . it is snowing here now....too late for a delayed opening but early enough to make the commute a mess. Worried about my son driving into his first class at RU for the new semester.  Chem 2 ( ugh )

38 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

So as of 7:25 am an hour after the changeover, it's snowing moderately and we have 1/2" of snow on the ground on all surfaces - untreated roads are snow covered.  31F here now.  If this band we're under holds together, I may get my 2" - 1" looks like a lock.  

9 hours ago, HeadInTheClouds said:

Yeah, I'm just north of poughkeepsie and it's been snowing lightly all day. Right now moderate/heavy snow approaching 2.5 inches. 

What's happening up there this morning? My daughters are both at DCC and have their morning classes cancelled and the dining hall isn't open so they're frustrated.

Archived