Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/16-17 Anafrontal/Coastal Low Snows Disco/Obs

Zelocita Weather

1 hour ago, etudiant said:

Well, the NY Central Park reservoir is not 'solidly frozen', the western half is mostly open water. That said, it does feel cold enough to expect any snow to stick. If there is rain, things will get very slick.

eh, ok. The reservoir has an active fountain/spring in it. The Lake, the Pool and Harlem Meer were all frozen over this morning.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the one hand it's colder than modeled across LI and it's not radiational cooling...cloudy and with a light NE breeze for the most part.  On the other hand the near freezing temperatures may be due to near freezing temperatures of the water in the sound.  It's pretty shallow cold.  About 300 feet overhead it is 37 degrees.  On the other other hand that is shallow warm overhead.  I think it snows in the morning...probably some rain first (maybe freezing rain in spots) and we'll get some accumulation, but no biggy. 

Rock on LHV!  As most have been expecting for a while now, northern Orange through Ulster into Dutchess looking good.  Someone up that way needs double digits.

1 minute ago, NorthShoreWx said:

On the one hand it's colder than modeled across LI and it's not radiational cooling...cloudy and with a light NE breeze for the most part.  On the other hand the near freezing temperatures may be due to near freezing temperatures of the water in the sound.  It's pretty shallow cold.  About 300 feet overhead it is 37 degrees.  On the other other hand that is shallow warm overhead.  I think it snows in the morning...probably some rain first (maybe freezing rain in spots) and we'll get some accumulation, but no biggy. 

Rock on LHV!  As most have been expecting for a while now, northern Orange through Ulster into Dutchess looking good.  Someone up that way needs double digits.

You sound like Tevye in Fiddler on the Roof....I'm just not feeling this one. And reading the various reports here is confusing. Someone will say it looks better and it will be followed by just the opposite.

I volunteer as tribute.

Only 8.2" to go. :lol:

I am in the Lower Hudson Valley and although it has been close on the radar,not a flake yet,,,,,I hope that changes soon,,,,,so do my kids as they at least want a delay for school lol

Just now, weatherpruf said:

You sound like Tevye in Fiddler on the Roof....I'm just not feeling this one. And reading the various reports here is confusing. Someone will say it looks better and it will be followed by just the opposite.

Radar looks fine. Just let it play out and then call bust tomorrow afternoon if it sucked.

Archived