Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/16-17 Anafrontal/Coastal Low Snows Disco/Obs

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, forkyfork said:

not having mid level temps widely available screwed over a lot of people. there was a sleet profile on the euro but it wasn't widely mentioned. ryan maue did post a cross section showing the warm layer but i didn't know about it until after the storm

There was a pro met, retired, discussing it here the night before the storm, in which he thought we would have a lot of sleet in the NYC area, and that historically for the most part ( there are exceptions ) March storms tend not to produce killer amounts in the NYC area.

PB Colts Neck and Snow88 have a passion for weather and their logic is spot on.
They, amongst others offer a great deal to this forum and I look forward to their posts.
I enjoy their input just as much as the red taggers.
I remember ne.weather on usenet back in the 1990s and how personal and nasty that became.
May that never happen here.

OMG 'usenet'!? Brings back my old Unix days at Bell Labs, Holmdel!

5 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Nice storm for the interior folks, the coast has been getting all the fun lately. 

Dude ur declaring a victory already. Remember the people that give up early always lose. I don't think NYC gets screwed. It's been cold, the ground is frozen, permFrost is im surs colder the  normal also. It'  the coldest week of the year climatology. We got a coastal developing on the right side of us bear the benchmark I don't see this as rain especially coming in at night like most models have it. I'd say anyone east of Islip is good for a 3-6 inch. Some will taint in the beginning but look for a colder solution tomorrow. Don' ever give up otherwise you'll lose your trade!

Archived