SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Med/Long Range Disco Part 2

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we really do live in the worst area. Nobody gets teased like us. Some areas like the Carolinas,Richmond,Georgia are 90% out of the chase no matter what.....the problem is...we are always in the game unless its a complete shutout for the East Coast. Meaning that if NY,philly are looking at something, chances are that we are in the game. i dont count Boston. On top of it, we have had epic winters....40 inch storms, 90 inch winters......13-14,14-15 and then January 16 blizzard. This is an area that can get alot of snow. It can trick us into thinking we are a snow town. Many times the 850s are just cold enough for snow...but we dont get the precip. The clippers dry up...the southern storms stay south....the coastals are too far east...Miller B's blast areas just 100 miles north of us. So we have an extremely low ROI because unlike NC and Chester, Va...we are always in the game to be chasing almost everything and yet we almost always fall short..except when we dont. Thats why I am constantly frustrated. I either need to move with Bob to Lake Hartwell or move to a snowier climate. I cant live  here anymore and be healthy snow lover. You guys need to show more symphathy then say Ji is trolling,etc

3 minutes ago, Ji said:

we really do live in the worst area. Nobody gets teased like us. Some areas like the Carolinas,Richmond,Georgia are 90% out of the chase no matter what.....the problem is...we are always in the game unless its a complete shutout for the East Coast. Meaning that if NY,philly are looking at something, chances are that we are in the game. i dont count Boston. On top of it, we have had epic winters....40 inch storms, 90 inch winters......13-14,14-15 and then January 16 blizzard. This is an area that can get alot of snow. It can trick us into thinking we are a snow town. Many times the 850s are just cold enough for snow...but we dont get the precip. The clippers dry up...the southern storms stay south....the coastals are too far east...Miller B's blast areas just 100 miles north of us. So we have an extremely low ROI because unlike NC and Chester, Va...we are always in the game to be chasing almost everything and yet we almost always fall short..except when we dont. Thats why I am constantly frustrated. I either need to move with Bob to Lake Hartwell or move to a snowier climate. I cant live  here anymore and be healthy snow lover. You guys need to show more symphathy then say Ji is trolling,etc

Your post has nothing to do with long range disco, you are whining and have been the last few hours.....take it to banter

Here in Richmond where we are "out of the chase 90% of the time" have 10" and part of the mid Atlantic forum.....unless you want to add something useful which is maybe 1 out of 10 posts for you just ride the pine a bit bud 

52 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

God I'm with you. Could we start an "analysis only" thread where whining and crap is not tolerated at all. I know technically the goal was to confine that crap to the panic room but mods don't want to be heavy handed with deleting posts and I totally get that but it's just getting out of hand.  To me it's that the complaining is now discouraging substantive analysis. The whiners jump all over any mention of optimistic assessments to the point it makes me think twice about posting my objective opinion sometimes too. Knowing someone is gonna chime in with "yea right it won't happen". So maybe if the mods aren't comfortable being heavy handed in regular threads we could start a "no complaints analysis thread" and then they won't feel so bad deleting crap because it's one thread specifically for avoiding that. In reality it's semantics because the substantive posts here would just migrate over there.. I'm aware but darn it whatever it takes at this point. I don't even mind bad analysis, some are just trying to learn and I sucked at this once too, but the discouraging of analysis in favor of a pity party is inexcusable. 

This.

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived