joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Med/Long Range Disco Part 2

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll do it. Next. Not all the way out yet but no way it recovers. H5 is a mess. Not even close. Looks like gfs. Battle over. Lol

wow did they screw up the euro for our purposes. Yea I know it's hemispheric verification scores are good but when it comes to synoptic systems on the east coast it's been awful since the upgrade. 

Just now, showmethesnow said:

Something to maybe keep an eye on in future runs for the Wed/Thur time period. GEFS is starting to show closed low pressure develop over central NC. If nothing else maybe it can kick a little extra moisture northward for our over running portion of the event.

That could hurt us. If a low gets going there it could cut off the flow to its north and dry out the overrunning. We could get stuck in a dead zone. 

5 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I'll do it. Next. Not all the way out yet but no way it recovers. H5 is a mess. Not even close. Looks like gfs. Battle over. Lol

wow did they screw up the euro for our purposes. Yea I know it's hemispheric verification scores are good but when it comes to synoptic systems on the east coast it's been awful since the upgrade. 

Or maybe the Upgrades on the GFS actually worked!!!

Just now, usedtobe said:

The differences between the Euro 500h patterns from yesterday to today are pretty stark. All hale the GFS as the Euro seems to have caved to it but is even drier.  Makes my post from yesterday, especially the headline look pretty stupid though in the article I did equivocate quite a bit. 

DT might need to look into another line of work now that his only tool is broken. 

5 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I'm with you. Next.

Think we are close to the point we can pretty much call it quits for the possibility of any coastal action. 

1 minute ago, osfan24 said:

Ji seems to have this winter nailed. This is pathetic. Also frustrating that the Euro is such a worthless model for us now. I'm going to completely stop paying attention to it.

That is when it will start being correct.  Just like when some people stopped paying attention to the GFS thinking the Euro is always right.

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived