January Med/Long Range Disco Part 2

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Ji said:

This will become a non event soon...frontal passage like euro

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The euro wasn't a frontal passage. It had a wave at 12z and dropped 1-2". Could have been more but we lose the first 1/2 to warm temps. It wasn't the most amped thing ever but it had .3-.5 qpf across the area. That's not a frontal passage. Maybe you saw the old run from yesterday. 

4 minutes ago, Ji said:

Never denied the cmc looking good but the model is always wrong. Otherwise I wouldn't be in this mood

I don't think hobby is for you if 1 model run puts you in a bad mood. We're lucking to have stuff to track before our "awaited pattern change" happens after Feb 3rd, no? 

I don't think hobby is for you if 1 model run puts you in a bad mood. We're lucking to have stuff to track before our "awaited pattern change" happens after Feb 3rd, no? 
It's not one model run. We had no snow since dec9 and its almost February. And it's been a cold winter

Just now, Ji said:

It's not one model run. We had no snow since dec9 and its almost February. And it's been a cold winter

Every 0z op just dropped snow and good precip in general and the flip out of a shutout pattern is ahead of schedule. But that's a disaster. Unless you like droughts. Then 0z is nightmare worthy. 

12z Euro...not just a frontal passage 
IMG_3750.thumb.PNG.384257c0300f658878e10dcadc120e65.PNGIMG_3751.thumb.PNG.2fdec9574e07ee74747cf284dbaeca14.PNGIMG_3752.thumb.PNG.c4f899880ae06c29f1941d086efe6a34.PNG
Ok..its better than last night but that might be the weakness non frontal passage of all time lol. But we have already seen the gfs weaken quite a bit. 1-2 inch events are not going to work for me

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived