Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Days and days of snow disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'm kind of skeptical on the ML stuff being a big deal...we have pretty disorganized mid-levels in this system. There will def be a swath, but I personally think the jack is going to be near the front in the boundary layer...prob somewhere from interior CT up into interior MA to SE NH.

C.F. naked twister will surely produce wherever it sets up

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

C.F. naked twister will surely produce wherever it sets up

You can actually see the warm front at 850mb too on this run pretty easily...there's a clear kink in the contours...I marked them in red below. Just to the N and NW of that will prob see enhanced rates. Wherever that actually ends up going:

Jan16_00zGFS.gif

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Suprised people were expecting alot of snow before dawn in the east...its always been a Wednesday deal.

Yeah the meat is after 12z...we'll prob see ugly off and on light snow or flurries for hours before the real part of the storm gets in though...wouldn;t surprise me if we saw them as early as late tomorrow evening. But that could definitely be throwing people off. Like they see a few flakes in their spotlight at 11pm and think the storm is starting and then wake up at 6am to hardly anything on the ground and think the storm is a bust when the real meat of it wasnt supposed to hit until morning.

22 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'm kind of skeptical on the ML stuff being a big deal...we have pretty disorganized mid-levels in this system. There will def be a swath, but I personally think the jack is going to be near the front in the boundary layer...prob somewhere from interior CT up into interior MA to SE NH.

Yeah, if you can find a good low level theta-e projection online (I think CoD has some) you can see what is driving this.

It will develop off the Delmarva tomorrow, and move NNE. 925 mb has a nice tongue that will surge up to the Cape and Islands, with the 925 front about IJD to BOS (on the GFS). Precip forced up and over that front will fall with good rates to the NW.

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ryan’s channel says the 6-10 is just for the NW Corner...but we’ll see..thinking we may get into more of that too here...but technically we are in the 3-6 inch range on their map.  

Ya.....I'm gonna take the DIT route here.....be positive.....before the melt comes.....lolz.....the school closures should be interesting

4 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

Ya.....I'm gonna take the DIT route here.....be positive.....before the melt comes.....lolz.....the school closures should be interesting

Schools are definitely gonna be closed Wednesday...the timing of the heaviest snow is right during the morning drive...and goes through the noon hour...winding down early afternoon.   I live and teach in Southington...there won’t be school here if this behaves as forecast. 

16 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Schools are definitely gonna be closed Wednesday...the timing of the heaviest snow is right during the morning drive...and goes through the noon hour...winding down early afternoon.   I live and teach in Southington...there won’t be school here if this behaves as forecast. 

Do you work for the schools?  I work off rt 10 in Cheshire opposite the flashing yellow at the bowling alley.....

Gutsy first call. You're more aggressive with the rain/snow than most outlets. To your credit you always do a post storm verification analysis. If I were a glass half empty weather bro in taunton I wouldn't give up on this event. Judging from many years of experience exit 12 along route 24 is often a demarcation zone between snow/mix/liquid. In my years of driving I've seen more accidents and cars in the woods between exits 9-12 on route 24 than any stretch of highway in New England during snow events.

Archived