Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Days and days of snow disco

Damage In Tolland

6 minutes ago, Hoth said:

I'm really feeling a full-on screwgie down here. You can just see those two separate areas of forcing and the two lane pleasure cruise of jack schiat between on radar. It would almost be fitting if that NAM run that blanked me comes to fruition. Of course, even if something does get in here it might well be rain. F this stupid waste and F that system out West that wrecked our PNA and turned a high potential setup into this mundane monstrosity, this mountain of meh, this mehlstrom of mush. Its mother was a hamster, and its father smelt of elderberries. Time to refocus for late Jan, early Feb.

Just say fuk it.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Hoth said:

I'm really feeling a full-on screwgie down here. You can just see those two separate areas of forcing and the two lane pleasure cruise of jack schiat between on radar. It would almost be fitting if that NAM run that blanked me comes to fruition. Of course, even if something does get in here it might well be rain. F this stupid waste and F that system out West that wrecked our PNA and turned a high potential setup into this mundane monstrosity, this mountain of meh, this mehlstrom of mush. Time to refocus for late Jan, early Feb.

Hoth you’re losing it lol....anger and hate are the ways to the dark side...

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I like how in the middle of a melt he had the heady awareness to recognize late jan and feb offer hope.

Yeah, 2012 this is not. Not worried at all in the longer range. This system is just bringing back bad memories from early childhood. Congrats NW Ct, go F yourself Shoreline.

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Another KU?     Did the early Jan storm count as a KU?

Yeah it was def a cat 1 or so I'm guessing. Not a biggie but pretty large area over 12" in that storm. 12"+ totals I know seem like a dime a dozen to folks these days but they really aren't in the larger picture. Esp over almost the entire region. 

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

This system has lost some appeal in general....what looked like maybe 6-7" 24-30 hours ago looks like 3-5" now.

I still think this has some tricks up its sleeve. There will be some lucky spots I think that do pretty well where models don't pinpoint right now. Because out midlevels forcing isn't overly dominant, there will probably be a lot of mesoscale features...makes it a hard storm to pin down. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I still think this has some tricks up its sleeve. There will be some lucky spots I think that do pretty well where models don't pinpoint right now. Because out midlevels forcing isn't overly dominant, there will probably be a lot of mesoscale features...makes it a hard storm to pin down. 

Yea, I went with a 3-6" range for my area....could see either end of that.

Obnoxious.

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

It was pretty intense but was the areal coverage enough to get it a Cat 1?

Borderline I think.

NYC had 10" and Boston had 13". I don't think there's a storm that exists similar to that which failed to be a KU in the past. 

Archived