Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Days and days of snow disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Haha I missed that.  Would love to see if he explained what he means by that.  I'll have to scroll back.

Yeah he didn’t lol. Someone mentioned it yesterday i think as a reason for nice totals and now he’s running with it, without context.

Nobody is trying to steal anyone’s snow. Tolland has had a good a ride as anyone. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect lower ends of totals there... and maybe most places. Sue me.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Fwiw .. this is exactly how I would draw a map . This is what Box had and you’ll see revert back to . Will had said same and Scoots 4-7”

He had pretty much the same map two days ago and it's looked fine the whole time.

Im not even sure what you all are arguing about...it's just a widespread 3-8" type snows and if you draw it out over 48 hours then most of New England (even up here) will fall in 3-8" range.  

It seems everyone is arguing over like 4" vs. 7".  That isn't going to be resolved until it's happening.  

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Fwiw .. this is exactly how I would draw a map . This is what Box had and you’ll see revert back to . Will had said same and Scoots 4-7”

It’s a weird storm. When you have these two areas of separate forcing moving in, someone will do well and then you’re also dealing with a screw zone. 

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

He had pretty much the same map two days ago and it's looked fine the whole time.

Im not even sure what you all are arguing about...it's just a widespread 3-8" type snows and if you draw it out over 48 hours then most of New England (even up here) will fall in 3-8" range.  

It seems everyone is arguing over like 4" vs. 7".  That isn't going to be resolved until it's happening.  

You can easily see who has the jack fetish. 

Just now, powderfreak said:

No disagreeing there to be sure. Though I do think high end places get 10”, but that will be localized.  My only point has been where amounts were cut, they’ll be taken back up to where they were. That’s all

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s a weird storm. When you have these two areas of separate forcing moving in, someone will do well and then you’re also dealing with a screw zone. 

Certainly a weird storm.  Something feels off for some reason but should be a nice advisory to low warning storm for a lot of posters.  

Models have been terrible with where the best forcing is focused.

7 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Both maps are for January 17th storm and the January 18th Coastal Storm potential, both are final maps

January 17-18th Final Snow Map.gif

Cape Cod Snowstorm Jan 18th Final Map.png

James, way too high with amounts on tomorrow’s map for everyone imo.

and do you really think you will see 5 inches on Thursday?  I mean if you see a anything on Thursday it will be a surprise.

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

James, way too high with amounts on tomorrow’s map for everyone imo.

and do you really think you will see 5 inches on Thursday?  I mean if you see a anything on Thursday it will be a surprise.

I have a feeling things will work out, if they don't they don't, but I think the H5 trough will close off south of the area and cause an area of heavy snow to develop over the Cape and Islands

8 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I have a feeling things will work out, if they don't they don't, but I think the H5 trough will close off south of the area and cause an area of heavy snow to develop over the Cape and Islands

I see none of that man. You have a great passion, but you’d do yourself a huge favor being realistic. 

Archived