Newest Member
    joxey
Days and days of snow disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CoastalWx said:

If we had big lift in a deep layer through the DGZ, it would be paste. It’s so close. It’s one of those things where you could have pastors at 32, rack up 4” and then end as drizzle or light rain before flip to snow. I have been dealing with some work issues so haven’t looked close. If the gfs is right you’d be mostly snow. So I think it’s all dynamics as the warm layer is not deep. And it’s low. 

I'm not trying to will more snow upon myself but trying to decipher why the GFS is so cold when it's typically the other way around.  I think it's wrong BTW.  I'm buying this warm punch as the best dynamics are W so the low levels will be able to "warm" just enough.

10 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I'm not trying to will more snow upon myself but trying to decipher why the GFS is so cold when it's typically the other way around.  I think it's wrong BTW.  I'm buying this warm punch as the best dynamics are W so the low levels will be able to "warm" just enough.

It might be. But, the euro did get colder. 

The biggest issue for me is the best dynamics are well west of this area. Since the temps are marginal here, I think you have to hedge on the warmer side, as we won’t have the dynamics needed to overcome the marginal air.

I think this honestly could be a true mixed bag. When the precip is heavier (if it ever is) it might be snow... otherwise... light rain and drizzle 

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

The biggest issue for me is the best dynamics are well west of this area. Since the temps are marginal here, I think you have to hedge on the warmer side, as we won’t have the dynamics needed to overcome the marginal air.

I think this honestly could be a true mixed bag. When the precip is heavier (if it ever is) it might be snow... otherwise... light rain and drizzle 

Dynamics will be ok when that juice from the south moves in. 

Archived