Weathernoob335
Days and days of snow disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol.

which model are you looking at where it starts tomorrow during the day? 

NBC 30 says it starts about 3-4 am Wednesday morning, Not tmrw during the day.  It’s over by 2:00-3:00 pm Wednesday afternoon.  

Every model has you snowing this evening . Light stuff . By dawn you’ll have 1-3 on ground. It snowed yesterday , will today and tomorrow .

6 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'm kind of skeptical on the ML stuff being a big deal...we have pretty disorganized mid-levels in this system. There will def be a swath, but I personally think the jack is going to be near the front in the boundary layer...prob somewhere from interior CT up into interior MA to SE NH.

Euro came SE a bit and I’d bet dollars to donuts that continues today along with Reggie 

Although whinemaster may have erred by identifying this as a swfe, this is a classic, textbook northeast snow event that features"heaviest snow north and west of the cities and a mix and change to rain south and east." They've been saying this on tv since Don Kent and they'll be saying this long after Harvey Leonard.

This is so textbook we could draw the rain snow line in crayon and not look at another computer model for the duration of this storm and each of us would have a margin of error of the changeover of roughly 20 miles give or take from white plains to north haven to Pawtucket to exit 15 on route 24 to the runway of Logan airport.

2 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Box seems aggressive on the high end for my area with a 5"-9" range.  Until this morning I did not know there was a chance of rain in there too.  

Seems they are leaning heavy towards the GFS and ignoring the mesos. They are the experts so they must see a reason to do so.

8 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

I find it odd that the NWS has coastal CT as getting 3 to 5 inches of snow. I thought that the majority of the models showed rain for the coast? What are they seeing that we are not? They even have NYC getting 4. 

StormTotalSnowWeb1.png

I think the okx map is decent. They're going climo. They know their history. They have New London getting 3 and New haven 5. New haven always does better or as well as any location on the south coast of New England. They have the Bronx and Manhattan under winter weather advisories but nothing for queens, Brooklyn or Staten island. In a situation like this lower Manhattan and JFK could struggle with an inch or two of slop while Yankee stadium could eke out 4-5 inches.

8 minutes ago, 25thamendmentfan said:

I think the okx map is decent. They're going climo. They know their history. They have New London getting 3 and New haven 5. New haven always does better or as well as any location on the south coast of New England. They have the Bronx and Manhattan under winter weather advisories but nothing for queens, Brooklyn or Staten island. In a situation like this lower Manhattan and JFK could struggle with an inch or two of slop while Yankee stadium could eke out 4-5 inches.

Southern CT should have much more of an east-west gradient, similar to what's reflected (proportionately) on LI, imo. SW CT should see much higher totals than SE CT...

Archived