Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Days and days of snow disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, J Paul Gordon said:

Love that 8-12 swath in the Monadnock  region of SW NH. Aunt lived in Troy-Fitzwilliam area all her life and kept note of temps and snowfall. Beautiful region. Nice climate. Milder than many places in the summer, too. Elevation keeps temps down. When Keene is literally torched in July, Troy will be warm with a nice breeze off the mountain.

I'm further east in the Monadnock area but you're spot on describing my the temperature and snowfall too. There's usually a good ten or more degree separation between here and Nashua or Concord. Spring flower bloom a week earlier in downtown Wilton. And the elevation changes are significant. I used to live across from Crotched Mountain Ski area and the snowfall was noticeably higher than the center of town, and that's not a huge elevation change.

A bunch of us were already thinking that there might be no snow, or at least afterschool activities on Wednesday. 

1 hour ago, J Paul Gordon said:

Love that 8-12 swath in the Monadnock  region of SW NH. Aunt lived in Troy-Fitzwilliam area all her life and kept note of temps and snowfall. Beautiful region. Nice climate. Milder than many places in the summer, too. Elevation keeps temps down. When Keene is literally torched in July, Troy will be warm with a nice breeze off the mountain.

I can see Monadnock from my street.  Not from my house, but when I walk the dog I can see it.  Less now since some trees have grown in...great area.  Plus Kimball’s!

Archived